Trout 2018 show OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Insulatorkid
Finally got my first brood at the beginning of the year. Just thought I’d share some pictures of the beautiful fish. For all you OFF guys and gals to see. I’m quite excited myself. Lol

• photo31968.jpg
  • photo31969.jpg
Reactions: IKfish, TheKnigit, Admin and 1 other person
N
Native Fisher
I caught this sea run beauty fishing for Steelhead on the elk river the other day. It hit a 12mm soft bead in the tailout of a swift pool. It was large enough that I thought I had a small steelhead on for a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: billfisher
N
Native Fisher
One more just for funzies because I love this place

3.jpg

Reactions: EOBOY
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Is that the spot past the hatchery where you have to grab the rope on down?

N
Native Fisher
GaryP1958;n610081 said:
Is that the spot past the hatchery where you have to grab the rope on down?

No, it is further up river from that. A rope would be nice to have though, it is a bit of a steep climb down. This is the big corner where there is a bit of dramatic drop in the river.

N
Native Fisher
hobster;n610080 said:
Wow, beautiful scenery and fish! That tailout looks like a winner! Always wanted to fish down there

The runs are pretty depressed here this year, but it is beautiful and if you're willing to put in the effort of getting into this terrain you can mostly fish alone. I really enjoy the experience and will likely give trout a try this summer down here.

Southpaw
Southpaw
That's some beautiful setting to fish at!

troutdude
troutdude
That's a beautiful SRC man!

G
Gulfstream
It is beautiful up there but VERY steep in most places

C_Run
C_Run
That's my childhood stomping ground, thanks for the pics. I haven't made it there in the last few years. Most of that stretch is impossible to access or tough to fish.

K
kaotic1
Caught this 6lb female late in the day at Henry Hagg Lake near C ramp on March 6th. It put up quite a fight and jumped out the water twice. My biggest fish ever at Hagg Lake. Pink Powerbait tipped with a Power Egg.

Reactions: Mister Bisley, billfisher and Admin
Admin
Admin
kaotic1;n610794 said:
Caught this 6lb female late in the day at Henry Hagg Lake near C ramp on March 6th. It put up quite a fight and jumped out the water twice. My biggest fish ever at Hagg Lake.

It's a beast! What did she take?

troutdude
troutdude
Great first post Kaotic1! Hopefully it'll be even more chaotic next time; with an even bigger brute! :D

Admin
Admin
1.jpg

troutdude
troutdude

Now THAT is a purty fish!!! And a nice sized Brookie too boot!

Admin
Admin
troutdude;n614880 said:
Now THAT is a purty fish!!! And a nice sized Brookie too boot!

brookie? i thought it's brown... well, I can tell for sure it's not rainbow, but not more than that )

troutdude
troutdude
Well I'm not expert either. Browns and Brooks have similarities. But here are pics of the two...identified as a Brook on the left, and Brown on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.