Trouble deciding what to get

brandon4455
brandon4455
well.. tax time is upon us and thatg means extra gift time in my family. and i get one choice.. a fly outfit for trout and other small stuff or my much needed chest waders that ive wanted for a while... both are important to me because i dont want to trout fish this year with my 8wt. but i dont want to be limited on what spots a can go to. so i turn to you guys in a time of need. which one do i buy!!!!!???? its been driving me crazy having to choose between them :confused:

M
Moe
Thats a hard one, but I would go with the waders.

W
waco
i think you rspond to your self, seems that you need more the waders!!!

D
Drew9870
Rod!!!

Who needs waders in the Spring and Summer, wear a crappy pair of shoes and some shorts, invest in the waders next chance you get.

B
beaverfan
Waders!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Drew9870 said:
Rod!!!

Who needs waders in the Spring and Summer, wear a crappy pair of shoes and some shorts, invest in the waders next chance you get.

you have a very good point. most of the water i fish is easy to go through in summer. especially the salmon , my home creek. and the willamette i ight start leaning to the rod on this one. but then i would not have waders for whewn it got cold again. i would get waders for my b day but i want mto go fishing with metalfisher76... grrrrrr *shoots self*

brandon4455
brandon4455
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!! i could fish with damon for a chrsitmas present next year. that way i can get my waders ahead of time. i choose rod. hey drew, you up to hitting wirth after i get a rod ? lol

D
Drew9870
I'll be there next week.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i dont think ill have it thast soon, i guess ill just shoot ya a message when i do get it and we cna meet up som etime?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Waders bud. Get the waders.

M
metalfisher76
brandon4455 said:
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!! i could fish with damon for a chrsitmas present next year. that way i can get my waders ahead of time. i choose rod. hey drew, you up to hitting wirth after i get a rod ? lol

If ya fish the summer with me you will not need them. If ya come up for winters!!, you will most certainly need them.

S
Spydeyrch
Hey Brandon,

What size shoe/boot do you wear? I have an extra pair of chest waders that I have that I would be willing to sell you at a low price. PM sent.

If I can help a guy out so that he can get his waders & rod, more power to him.

-Spydey

B
bigsteel
way to go spydy thats a great offer there,

R
rippin fish lips
brandon, go with the waders bro! They are so nice to have, and not to mention... makes it easier to land your fish, atleast to me... Yes those summer time water levels are nice to have shorts and stuff... but its so nice to ba able to go through trails and not get scratched up. With waders you can get to a lot of really good spots that ppl with out them wouldnt go to. They increased my catch percentage a lot cuz of where i could get to on the banks. I get to fish a lot more water with them to.

GET THE WADERS!!!!!!

W
waco
thats is totally true you can still catch fish with out a fly rod but there is some certains waters that you can not fish with out waders!!! Get the waders!!

C
colbypearson
Drew9870 said:
Rod!!!

same thoughts here waders get hot and stuffy in the summer i am a tackle freak and i wouldnt turn down a rod! plus you never know come summer pawn shops might have some waders on sale cheap or just wait for a sale on them rods dont go on sale nearly as often here in medford last spring i got some new hodgman waders that run about 150$ for 40$ i couldnt get water to leak in them if i treid haha theyre great