Trolling Timothy Lake

D
Dongle79
Hi guys, a buddy and me are going to Timothy lake next Saturday and I was wondering what is an effective trolling for timothy ? I've only trolled once and that was at Hagg, what should I get for a set up?

thanks !

troutdude
troutdude
We tried every trick in the book, this time of the year, back in '18. All depth levels, various speeds, different areas of the lake, all sorts of different lures, flasher sets, dodgers, and/or baits. All that we caught was a skunk. However when we reverted to being bank maggots with Berkley Power Eggs, we nailed quite a few OFF of the bottom. The hot spot for us, was in the Oak Grove Fork outlet. We tried fishing from our boats back in that area without luck too. Weird. But that's how it rolled. So that's my .02.......

Reactions: Dongle79
M
Muhak Mountain
I also fished Oak Fork in 2018 (?) from my float tube - nailed some nice rainbows on kastmasters, including one that towed me around a bit.
There are lots of fish up that creek and a nice corner spot to bank fish the outlet / lake, if nobody gets there before you.
There are a few nice camping spots lakeside there with their own little beaches, although good luck snagging one.

Reactions: Dongle79
L
lewiswayne
I fished Timothy hard 2 weeks ago for Kokanee and Rainbow but had no luck either.