Trip out to Faraday lake

Z
zarboth
yesterday the school fishing club and i went out to faraday lake there where a lot of bites every where but only two caugh fish i caught 1 my first fish evewr and he caught 2 his first two ever but i accsidentally got the poles mixed up so i thought his was mine and he would have caught three but he let me have it for reeling it in if you guys are going there yous purpole powerbait eggs oh yeah and also there was this huge steelhead just swimming along the shallow bank not scared at all just chilling saw the same fish a lot lol wouldent bite any bait thoue

Last edited:
Z
zarboth
sorry for the spelling lol i had 5 minutes to post and get to school

A
adambomb
That's a great story! That lake is a lot of fun! You should not try to catch any steelhead or salmon in that lake because they are all wild native fish. They sort the fish as they go through the dam, and only allow the natives upstream. Even though it may be fun to catch a fish like that, the fight would more than likely kill them

Z
zarboth
adambomb said:
That's a great story! That lake is a lot of fun! You should not try to catch any steelhead or salmon in that lake because they are all wild native fish. They sort the fish as they go through the dam, and only allow the natives upstream. Even though it may be fun to catch a fish like that, the fight would more than likely kill them
hmm i would keep it or isd that illigal im new to fishing

A
adambomb
zarboth said:
hmm i would keep it or isd that illigal im new to fishing

Sounds like to need to read the regulations before you do too much more fishing. Yes, it is illegal to keep any native fish out of Faraday. Only adipose fin clipped trout may be kept. Please read the regulations well before you fish again.

Z
zarboth
hmmm no posts cmon guys I CAUGHT MY FIRST FISH EVER ate it last night first time tasting trout it was really good and easy to swallow

I
Ifishforfood
no, all salmon/steelhead are considered trout in faraday lake. if you catch one, it is ok to keep it.

G
Growbug
slight alteration to Ifishforfoods post.
Faraday Lake (Clack. R., Clack. Co.) • All salmon are considered trout.
• Only adipose fin-clipped trout may be taken.
Yes, last year I believe it was "all salmon and steelhead are considered trout"

---------------

CONGRATS on your first one zarboth

Last edited: