Trillium trophy trout

O
OnTheFly
The ODFW will be dumping over 650 Trophy/Brood trout into Trillium Lake the week after August 31st. The size range of these fish are between 17 to 20 inches, and they are a blast to catch! If getting towed around a lake in a float tube or toon boat by a fish appeals to you then you should try this out. So if anyone is interested in having their tackle stretched, I recommend we have a mini OFF fishing derby at Trillium. How about Sunday the 6th? I realize Labor Day weekend is busy but if you get there early, parking spots are available at the day use area by the dam. Fee is 6 bucks.

N
ninja2010
i'm in - let's do it... rock and roll with the "broodies". :lol:
now i don't know zip about trout fishing... i can throw some kastmasters and troll some rooster tails... if it entails more than that, i'm gonna need some help, well... actually a lot of help. :rolleyes:

A
autofisher
I'd love to join you guys up there. I'll have to see what's going on. I gotta start being good and not sneakin away so often for fishing. Maybe I can convince the wife to go campin with me. I know some decent camp sites up there. Hmmmmmmmmmmm (insert gears grinding sound) I'll see what I can do.

R
Redfox458
The 6th huh? I'll be there. Onthefly, do you know if the NW Forest Pass will work at Trillium? I'm always fishing up there now and I'm tired of paying $6 every day.

I have access to a pontoon boat, and I know I dont need waders for a pontoon boat....but I'm just hoping it'll be hot enough for shorts :pray:

R
redhawk50
NW forest pass does work there. The sign that says it can be used is by the day use boat ramp sign not near the fee sign which is random. I am hoping to sneak out there on that Friday morning with my fly rod.

O
OnTheFly
autofisher said:
I'd love to join you guys up there. I'll have to see what's going on. I gotta start being good and not sneakin away so often for fishing. Maybe I can convince the wife to go campin with me. I know some decent camp sites up there. Hmmmmmmmmmmm (insert gears grinding sound) I'll see what I can do.

I'm sure there's something you can do or sacrafice to justify another fishing trip.:think: What ever you do, DON'T repeat your 'signature' to her!.:naughty:

A
autofisher
OnTheFly said:
I'm sure there's something you can do or sacrafice to justify another fishing trip.:think: What ever you do, DON'T repeat your 'signature' to her!.:naughty:

Yeah. Little too late. She's the one that helped me think of it. We saw it on a sign up at the gift shop at Multnomah Falls. It was the top ten lies men tell thier wives. That..... was number one!

I'm sure she could use a vacation. And if I get her license she might just hook into a biggun. Might just have a new fishin buddy if that happens.

O
OnTheFly
autofisher said:
Yeah. Little too late. She's the one that helped me think of it. We saw it on a sign up at the gift shop at Multnomah Falls. It was the top ten lies men tell thier wives. That..... was number one!

I'm sure she could use a vacation. And if I get her license she might just hook into a biggun. Might just have a new fishin buddy if that happens.

But if she's anything like my wife you'll hear about it every time she out fishes you! Oh!!!.... and one day your son will start doing that too!

A
autofisher
OnTheFly said:
But if she's anything like my wife you'll hear about it every time she out fishes you! Oh!!!.... and one day your son will start doing that too!

I've already gotten that one. Had her sittin with the same set up as I was and she was two feet away. She casts, I cast. Wait five minutes, and BOOM she had a fish. Me, I got seaweed. Yeah. I love those days.

I really want her to go. More than that, I want to go. Besides, Ethan's got to break in his Spiderman pole

M
Markcanby
I would love to go up there with you guys for a derby. Any car pooling going on?

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
autofisher said:
I've already gotten that one. Had her sittin with the same set up as I was and she was two feet away. She casts, I cast. Wait five minutes, and BOOM she had a fish. Me, I got seaweed. Yeah. I love those days.

I really want her to go. More than that, I want to go. Besides, Ethan's got to break in his Spiderman pole

Ethan would think HE was Spiderman if he hooked a broody with it!

P
platteflyfisher
Sharkbait is cool, hope he can go

Sharkbait is cool, hope he can go

Heading to Ireland that Saturday for a week, or I'd be there for sure. Maybe I can sneak up the prior Wednesday or Friday after work.

W
WBugger
Big fish are good fish

Big fish are good fish

That sounds fantastic. I tried to get a few of my usual fishing friends to get up there that week/weekend but no one's available. I've attached a few pics (I hope they work) of some fish I got in early June. A great time on the light-weight (5x) fly rod.

A
autofisher
I know that if Ethan hooked a brooder, he'd freak out as soon as he saw the fish. He was all excited when I got the one up at Detroit till he saw the fish floppin around. Then he wanted nothing to do with it. :lol:

Hopefully we can make it. I'm tryin to get something more than a 12 inch stocker this year.

R
Redfox458
autofisher said:
I know that if Ethan hooked a brooder, he'd freak out as soon as he saw the fish. He was all excited when I got the one up at Detroit till he saw the fish floppin around. Then he wanted nothing to do with it. :lol:

Hopefully we can make it. I'm tryin to get something more than a 12 inch stocker this year.

Heck, I'm 26 and I know that I would freak out if I hooked a brooder. If that happens, I'll be the guy flappin around on a pontoon screaming. :dance:

A
autofisher
Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it

I have some responsibilities that I wish that I could put off, but unfortunately they need to be taken care of. I'll have to hope that I can find time to hit up some where around here.

C
christian
Hey guys I was wondering If anyone knows how to find the exact day of the stocking? I'm hoping its the beggining of the week since me and the family are headed up on Tuesday.

Any info is helpfull

Thanks , God bless

O
OnTheFly
christian said:
Hey guys I was wondering If anyone knows how to find the exact day of the stocking? I'm hoping its the beggining of the week since me and the family are headed up on Tuesday.

Any info is helpfull

Thanks , God bless

There is no exact day ODF stocks. They only give you the week in which they do. Tuesday? Maybe. However, I would say no later than Thursday they will have dumped them in.

R
Rheinholdt
Bank Fishing at Trillium?

Bank Fishing at Trillium?

Hi All,

So, I'm considering attending this mini-OFF. Question is: How's the fishing from the banks at Trillium? I have no boat yet. A couple of the members have me looking really seriously at 'toons; but not yet.

I'd be coming from just south of Eugene and would have room for one passenger in my pickup. If we wanted to stay overnight you'd have to have your own tent, etc...

Respectfully, Ron.

R
Rascal
bank has always been great for me i all way make sure to be there early and get the dock and bam this year iv limited almost every time and caught one trophy so far:D