Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

Trillium trophy trout time: accepting applications

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O
OnTheFly
In the week of August 30th approximately 667 ‘Trophy’ size rainbow trout will be released into Trillium Lake along with an additional 4000 legals. These fish are extremely fun to catch and they are also very tasty. I indulge in this fishery every year and some of you probably do as well. What I would like to propose is an invitation for those interested in an OFF fishing gathering to Trillium Lake to see how many large trout we can catch out of it during the week after Labor Day week-end.
Here’s my plan:
Trillium Lake campground will not be taking reservations after Labor Day. It then becomes first come first serve. Most people will be done camping by then and the lake will be less crowded but the fish will still be there. I hope to arrive there that Thursday and leave Sunday. You don’t need to camp if you don’t want to. You can come up for just a day if you like. This is primarily a chance to meet fellow OFF’ers and fish for big trout. Although I will be targeting fish with a fly rod, it doesn’t mean it’s a fly fishing gig. Anything goes here, Powerbait, worms, and lures so therefore bring the weapon of your choice. Floating devices come in real handy but there is plenty of bank access. If this all happens I will then make up a poll in the following week designed to list your name next to the number of trout you caught over 16inches. No prizes or bragging rights just something to gage how well we all fished out Trillium Lake! Here are some websites with some information you may find useful.

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Trapped!

Trapped!

:( :( I have a feeling I will be trapped in Lodi,Ca!! :( :( If not,I will promise to eat Brussel Sprouts if I can go! :lol::lol:

B
bigsteel
Oh you know im there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,plenty of time to tie some new flies for those trophy trout........JIM COUNT ME IN

G
GDBrown
This sounds like lots of fun! I'll pencil it in on my busy calendar and see what happens.

So should I go practice Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays or Tuesday, Thursdays and Sturdays?

Would you recomend the LBD or the powered boat?

So many choices so much time.

GD

B
bigsteel
can we use electric motors there????

L
lilsalmon
I'm in....yesssss

B
BobbiDollPDX
bigsteel said:
can we use electric motors there????

I just looked online and it seems non-motorized boats only. Now I want to find out if they are so hard core that you need to actually remove your motor from the boat prior to launch.

Update: Yes, you must remove motors from the boat prior to launch.

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
oh well i can still paddle,,,i want to try out my motor though

G
Growbug
would that make the weekend dates be sept 3-5th?

J
JeannaJigs
I might be able to do this one, never been up there...hopefully my back will be cooperating and the wind will be kind...i'll know more later though

E
eggs
well i am down and said i would camp.... BUT it is only about 20 minutes from the house.. my bed might sound comfy..

i think he is talking 9th-12th of sept.

L
Left Bank
unless something else pops up (I don't see that happening unless I get an offer for a job) I'll plan to be there and camp. It'll be great to meet some of the OFFers in person.

O
OnTheFly
Looking good on the interest so far. If you noticed, the group sites can handle up tp 12 people for $24 bucks per day. As we get closer to the date, we may consider one of these sites and split the costs. Imagine 12 people in the site;that's only (2) bucks a day! Just remember that it will be first come first serve but if some of us, like myself, should happen to arrive earlier in the week then chances are better to securing one of those sites if we want it. As far as the dates go, the entire week after Labor Day is fair game. I plan to start Thursday but if I can swing the whole week I'll do it. Man I'm feeling sorry for those trout already.

L
Left Bank
A group site sounds perfect. That way we can mingle together with one big campfire instead of searching out the campsites of fellow OFFers or trying to stumble back to the tent after visiting Thuggin : )
If I go it wouldn't bother me to get up there a day or two ahead of time to secure a group spot.

G
GDBrown
I guess my boat decision is made! Now will my hands cooperate?

G
Growbug
I will be getting there a couple or three days early. I will be bringing a toon and maybe a small 10ft'er that people can borrow.
It will be at least a +2 as a friend is real interested. If the family want to come as well then it will be a +6.
We will probably be bringing a small (24ft) RV and a tent.

OnTheFly... do you have a link that you can post with the campsite details?

This is a GREAT idea for finishing OFF the summer.

Lets plan a Large BBQ for Saturday!!!

E
eggs
i will bring a boat full of wood :D and will be up there friday afternoon til sunday.. so save a good spot for lumberjack!

K
Kais
I usually go with my cousins and it is pretty fun. I have caught a trophy for the past, like, three years. Its really fun there

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
i will bring a boat full of wood :D and will be up there friday afternoon til sunday.. so save a good spot for lumberjack!
Wait a minute eggs, thought you said you were sleeping at home. I was hoping to send OFFers to Your house to handle the overflow in case the campground is full.:D

GDBrown said:
I guess my boat decision is made! Now will my hands cooperate?
Gene, I'll team up with you in the LBD and row for the entire time you're there. That would leave an open pontoon available. lilsalmon has first dibbs though.

Left Bank said:
A group site sounds perfect. That way we can mingle together with one big campfire instead of searching out the campsites of fellow OFFers or trying to stumble back to the tent after visiting Thuggin : )
If I go it wouldn't bother me to get up there a day or two ahead of time to secure a group spot.
Hear that Andy? You better bring an extra pallet of beerskis.:D I cannot locate the group sites as of yet. There is a large area on the other side of the dam that may be one of them.

Growbug said:
I will be getting there a couple or three days early. I will be bringing a toon and maybe a small 10ft'er that people can borrow.
It will be at least a +2 as a friend is real interested. If the family want to come as well then it will be a +6.
We will probably be bringing a small (24ft) RV and a tent.

OnTheFly... do you have a link that you can post with the campsite details?

This is a GREAT idea for finishing OFF the summer.

Lets plan a Large BBQ for Saturday!!!
I've added more campsite information to my first post. BB-Q's are awesome.

N
ninja2010
i am soooo there... jimbo, can we reserve 2 spots (one tent)? is this on the weekend of the 9th? in any case, i can only make it up there on friday evening. i will bring my 10 footer as well as my float tooby. and ima gonna drown some wooly buggers and hurt some trophies...