Trillium Lake

Went to trillium lake today.... it was epic!!! Got on the lake about 6:30am. I was in my new float tube with my 5 wt. And my new 4wt. Fly rods. Omg I love my new 4wt. Started catching fish right OFF the bat. Long story short. Average fish was 10-12 inches. Hooked two hold over trophy trout lost them at the net. One of the was a monster. Took me to my backing. Wind blew me OFF the lake around noon. No pics of fish but got some cool pics of the mountain. I was the only one out on the lake. They have not stocked it yet. Lots of big hold overs. I know where I'm camping next weekend. Cheers all.
Jeff

Irishrover

Sound like a good time, don't know about that 6:30 am stuff though. That's early for a retired guy. Trillium has been a good spot to folks from O.F.F. over the years.

Slo

Always do pretty well across the lake by the lilly pads, throwing 1/8 oz sonic or regular rooster tails w/ brass blades. Especially once all the low-landers get up there and start making noise all over the lake.

troutmasta

Slo;n612026 said:
Always do pretty well across the lake by the lilly pads, throwing 1/8 oz sonic or regular rooster tails w/ brass blades. Especially once all the low-landers get up there and start making noise all over the lake.
Thats where the slabs are at. I've brought in a few multi pounders on a woolly bugger with a nymph dropper back there. Cheers

Jun 22 - fished today near the dam, every cast was a undersized trout (5"-7"), lots of undersized dead floating near shore. Left with limit of legals.
image1.jpeg