Trillium Lake trout fishing !!

howdy all ! , i have a friend coming fishing with me to trillium lake , where are some good spots to take him there ? im not to familiar with that lake , ive only fished from the wheel chair access dock by the parking lot. thanks ! :thumb:

Slo

Will you be limited to the bank? If so, the dock is okay, if you can cast out about 20 yds towards the middle of the lake. Try Powerbait or similar dough baits in different colors until you find what they like. I've also done well using smaller treble hooks with a Pautzke egg, piece of worm, and small styrofoam bead or corky to float it off the bottom, with a slip (egg) sinker. If it's not too windy, you can do same with a slip bobber set up, with a bobber stop set to keep you out of the weeds. Note - if you use the bobber, don't put on a styrofoam bead or corky.

Another good place is over by the dam. You can pretty much use the same set ups here, too.

If you are going to be in a boat, kayak, float tube - I like the lilly pads, across from the dock. Trolling a wooly worm, small spinners, etc, or even cast and slow retrieve in that area will sometimes wake up the brooders.

Good luck.

Attachments

troutdude

Slo;n612088 said:
I've also done well using smaller treble hooks with a Pautzke egg, piece of worm, and small styrofoam bead or corky to float it off the bottom, with a slip (egg) sinker.

If you are going to be in a boat, kayak, float tube - I like the lilly pads, across from the dock. Trolling a wooly worm, small spinners, etc, or even cast and slow retrieve in that area will sometimes wake up the brooders.
That rig fished OFF of the bottom--is a variation of the infamous Wickiup Sandwich. Only at Wickiup they use a piece of shrimp, or a marshmallow, in place of the foam or corky.

Word to the wise when fishing a Wooly Worm, Woolly Bugger, or other flies. Think slow. Then slow down, even more. Why? Because flies cannot move very fast. So if you travel too fast, while trolling. Your OFFering will appear unnatural. Ergo will then go unnoticed, by even the hungriest of fish.

Good luck, and let us know how you do.

P.S. Welcome to OFF!