Trillium Lake restocking ?

D
Dongle79
Hey guys/gals any of you know if Trillium lake will be stocked this month ? fishing seems to have become REALLY slow , maybe its the warm water or the extreme amount of people but i go very early in the morning and there is nothing .

-Tight lines !

A
Adunn756
I don’t know but Harriet has slowed down over the last months or so also. I read a lot is being redirected to Hagg, so I wonder if they are redirecting to the bigger mtn lakes like Timothy also.

troutdude
troutdude
If the water temp is warm and/or the sun is out, you'll have to cast out into the deepest pockets/pools to find them. Even then they will be lethargic, and not actively feeding. Have you checked the water temp?

D
Dongle79
troutdude , I never even thought about water temp , ill have to start looking into that ! , Thank you for the info guys , appreciate it !

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
@Dongle79 Yep. They become lethargic, just like we do, in hot temperatures. Other reason that they dive deeper is that direct sunlight makes it easier, for predators to spot their movements. So they hide themselves from aerial bombardment. Find yourself a deeper pocket with shade and you'll likely find some fish at least willing to look at your OFFering.