Trillium Lake ice fishing

M
Matimeo
I'd seen posted on here before reports of ice fishing at Trillium Lake, which doesn't sound like it's been a super popular place in the past. Probably because it's one of the few options near Portland, and also because there's a 2+ mile hike in, with 50 million other people sharing the trail with you, a zoo for parking, etc. But we've done a few fun day and overnight trips this winter with the kids and had a good time. Below is our last video (with others on the channel, including where we caught my PB trout ever through the ice).

Reactions: wozniasm, Dean, DOKF and 2 others
Irishrover
Irishrover
It a very popular place like you say. Lots of folks doing either snow shoeing or cross country skinning. I like it best in late fall, fewer people then, but no ice either.

troutdude
troutdude
Very nice! It was great to live vicariously for a few minutes, by watching your video. Well done pops!

Artwo
Artwo
Very cool.....................looks like you guys had a great trip and lots of fun. Thanks for sharing.............

jamisonace
jamisonace
We enjoyed ice fishing in Utah on Strawberry Reservoir catching huge trout and perch on Deer Creek. Then in Wyoming we caught trout and burbot. I left all my gear with friends in Wyoming when we moved back to Oregon. I wouldn't mind getting back into it. Looks like you guys had a great time. Hopefully good memories for the boys. I burnt my kids out with long, wet and cold days.

D
Dean
This is awesome, man. I have wanted to try ice fishing and didn't even know you could do it on Trillium Lake. Good job making memories with your kids. I might try this next winter.

DOKF
DOKF
Is ice fishing more productive than boat fishing after ice off? I thought the trout reduced activity in colder weather, or does the water temperature invert with an ice layer?

W
wozniasm
Matimeo said:
I'd seen posted on here before reports of ice fishing at Trillium Lake, which doesn't sound like it's been a super popular place in the past. Probably because it's one of the few options near Portland, and also because there's a 2+ mile hike in, with 50 million other people sharing the trail with you, a zoo for parking, etc. But we've done a few fun day and overnight trips this winter with the kids and had a good time. Below is our last video (with others on the channel, including where we caught my PB trout ever through the ice).
Looks like a perfect trip!

troutdude
troutdude
Wow! Great to see you post up @wozniasm!

Reactions: wozniasm
W
wozniasm
I'll be back! Hoping in a tear or less. Looking at Retirement!

Reactions: troutdude
Irishrover
Irishrover
wozniasm said:
Hope that is in a year or less. ;) Be great to have you back!

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
wozniasm said:
Excellent! Perhaps I'll see you float by me, again, at Hagg. ;-)