Trillium Lake Fishing

W
wrestlerstud32
Does Trillium Lake have good fishing? I am thinking about heading down there for memorial day weekend.

Solution
R
Trillium Lake fishing

It is pretty good fishing at Trillium Lake. Float tubing or other non motorized boat makes it a little more fun. Bank access is good though. I have only used my fly rod up there but nothing better then fishing there with the Osprey catching more fish then you and Mt. Hood right in your face. I don't know if it will be snow free by then though.

trillium-lake-fishing.jpg
R
redhawk50
Trillium Lake fishing

It is pretty good fishing at Trillium Lake. Float tubing or other non motorized boat makes it a little more fun. Bank access is good though. I have only used my fly rod up there but nothing better then fishing there with the Osprey catching more fish then you and Mt. Hood right in your face. I don't know if it will be snow free by then though.

trillium-lake-fishing.jpg

Solution
O
OneMore
I would make sure and check to see if its still snowed in also check online to see if it has been stocked yet this year. Either way there should at least be some big holdovers.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Trillium lake can be a fun place to fish. It depends on the crowd. If the weather is warm the place can fill up with all kind of inner tubes and floating devices to the point were you have a hard time finding a place to get your line in. The best bank fishing is down by the dam. Since Trillium lake is such a small lake it can fill up on a weekend. Good luck and watch out for those crazy Hwy 26 drivers on that weekend.

I drove by the road to Trillium Lake today on my way over here to Culver. The gate was closed and there was about 4 feet of snow on the road. Hope it warms up for you and melts that snow before Memorial day.

W
wrestlerstud32
thanks Irishrover. if it is frozen over during memorial weekend then i will probably try my luck at harriet lake. they stock it on memorial day with about 250 trophy sized fish.

M
m_vang
best time to fish trillium lake on nice sunny days is in the early morning. once you get closer to noon, that's when the people break out to swim and swarm up the bank areas. the bigger fish bite more often at dawn anyways. :)

A
Anyfishisfine
I've been up to Trillium once, just to visit, not fish. It has to be one of the most picturesque locations in the world, but the people there just sucked. I figured it would be a lousy place to fish because of it.

When I was there the shore was full of loud drunk people, throwing bottles into the water, fighting, the works. It didn't leave me wanting to go back. It's just too close to the highway, too close to Portland. I have nothing against drunks, but I think most can relate to the situation.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I don't go there in the summer, but in late October durning mid week it's great. Many times I've had the place to myself. Your disciption can also fit Timothy Lake at times also. The best time I had a Trillium was when I first got my driftboat and wanted to try it out. I was in a hurry and forgot to put the plugs in. Of course there were other people at the lake that day to watch that my screw up!

R
redhawk50
during the week it isn't so bad and if you have a floating device you can fish the whole bank opposite of the boat ramps without any bank fishermen there. I did avoid the weekends because I could see it filling up with floaters that are not their to fish. But during the week it is good out on the water. Just don't allow your mom steal your float tube leave her fly rod on the bank and float around in the middle of the lake reading a book forcing you to fish from the shore!

P
platteflyfisher
Trillium Lake Fishing Tactics

I was at Trillium Lake last week and everybody fishing from shore were limiting with fresh stockers. A few were in the 20" range. 125 trophy sized were put in the lake that Tuesday. They were using powerbait on the bottom, also floating it under a bobber and some were using worms. If you like to throw hardware, Kastmasters from the dock or south shore can be cast far enough to do some damage. I hung out with pepe le pew that day drifting flies but who could complain on that lake. Prepare for mosquitoes on all the high lakes this year.

O
OnTheFly
I fished there Saturday in a float tube for about three hours and managed to bring up only 2 trout about the size of my hand. I've used herring that were larger. The report was that it was Slow. The water is very warm. TONS of people and too many swimmers. Best bet is to be there Early and if you don't have a floating device then fish at the dam. If you fish bait then get it to the bottom. Good luck out there.

M
mustardthetrout
I hit Trillium Lake last weekend and caught several on wedding rings and wooly buggers (I tried both spin and fly fishing). There were lots of fish in the lake; almost everyone I saw caught at least one (and there were a TON of people there). One guy even caught a 32" fish! I didn't see the fish itself but I heard him excitedly screaming from the other side of the lake and announcing its size to whoever rowed past. The ODFW must have stocked brood fish or something.

I was trolling the wooly buggers at an incredibly slow speed behind my float tube, taking the time to stop and twitch them every few seconds. The wedding rings I trolled at a faster speed and mainly tipped with some really old gross moldy green powerbait that doesn't float anymore.

C
cpeaslee
I love spending a sunny day at Trillium lake. They do stock it with some pigs. I got this one last summer. I was surprised that it fought as well as it did. I did let it go after trying to take a photo while holding the fish with one hand.

Golfbum
Golfbum
Fished Trillium Lake last Thursday, we caught 2 limits of Rainbows and Cutthroat Trout, all were 16 to 18 inches, all on Powerbait from the bank.

Reactions: Admin
J
jabs67

Epic fishing at Trillium lake​

Went to Trillium lake today.... it was epic!!! Got on the lake about 6:30am. I was in my new float tube with my 5 wt. And my new 4wt. Fly rods. Omg I love my new 4wt. Started catching fish right OFF the bat. Long story short. Average fish was 10-12 inches. Hooked two hold over trophy trout lost them at the net. One of the was a monster. Took me to my backing. Wind blew me OFF the lake around noon. No pics of fish but got some cool pics of the mountain. I was the only one out on the lake. They have not stocked it yet. Lots of big hold overs. I know where I'm camping next weekend. Cheers all.
Jeff

Reactions: troutmasta and troutdude
U
Ultramepps
Hit Trillium lake today lots of people action. Beautiful day. Lots of action with spinners and Gold Ribbed Hares ears. Cheers!

Reactions: Slo
Golfbum
Golfbum
Jun 22 - fished today near the dam, every cast was a undersized trout (5"-7"), lots of undersized dead floating near shore. Left with limit of legals.

D
Dongle79

Parking at Trillium Lake​

Hey guys , just wondering if you could tell me if I am able to park at Trillium lake ? Is it still blocked off ? Thanks!

A
Anotherdude
Yes. I just got back from there. Both day use and the spot at the end of the lake.