Trillium - 09/12

K
KJLarson13
Met up with a couple of OFFers this weekend at Trillium. Only remember Onthefly (no offense to you others. I'm terrible with names and my wife was napping so I was screwed from the get go.) Day started slow, caught just two off of powerbait on the bottom. Got tired of pulling in mostly weeds off the wife's rod so we switched over to flies trolling behind the raft. Onthefly was kind enough to give me a crystal wooly bugger, was even cool enough to let me keep it, took another four hours, but we caught a monster. That was the last one of the day, but has a great story to it. Was heading from the north side of the lake towards the damn, we were going home, and I had the fly with a partially filled water bobber spooling off with an open bail. Was about 10 minutes into the paddle in, wind was working against me as usual, when my wife shouted out that my pole was snagged. Turned around to find that I forgot to flip the bail back over and my entire spool was unwound. Got it rapped back around and started to reel in what I thought were weeds when my rod violently jerked in my hands an then let up again. For minutes later I had the biggest trout I've ever succesfully landed on Onthefly's Crystal Wooly Bugger. Great times!

Last edited by a moderator:
Irishrover
Irishrover
Now that is one fat trout!! I believe I saw you guys out there. Were you in a yellow raft trolling with two spinning rods? I was in a blue and white Clackacraft. Funny story about the bail not being flipped.

E
eggs
nice job! glad you had a good time!

"and the legend of the olive crystal flash wooly bugger continues...."

Reactions: OnTheFly
S
soundslikedave
Nice fish, heading up again this week. Hope the big ones are still there.
Well done!

L
lilsalmon
Hah!!!! I didn't know that was you!!!! We talked for a bit and I pulled my line in so you wouldn't run over it. I remember the wife sleeping part the first time you passed by me....Didn't know you were an OFF'er. Good job..

G
Growbug
Nice job!!!

K
KJLarson13
Yeah that was me on the yellow and green sevylor raft. I remember ya lilsalmon, just never got your name =D I was very tired that day as I was the only means of propulsion for our little craft. Didn't help that no matter which direction I was going the wind seemed to work against me...