Tried for some crappie tonight

F
Finneus Polebender
Hit the ol long tom to see if the crappie might bite yet . She is still up a bit flowin a little too much for em I think finally nailed a couple dink cutthroats but that was it ,think it needs to warm up a bit more.

brandon4455
brandon4455
a few dink cutthroat is a good day in my eyes! better then nothin fp. gunna fry them crappies up once they start a bittin?

F
Finneus Polebender
brandon4455 said:
a few dink cutthroat is a good day in my eyes! better then nothin fp. gunna fry them crappies up once they start a bittin?

Naa, will toss em back, just a a big nostalgia thing for me .Spent many spring / summer days of my youth on the banks of the tom catchin one after another . Although a lot has changed the ol crappie spot is still there and accessible kinda neat after all those years to go back besides I have to keep team Polebender on the leading edge of fish. Once the crappie get goin there it doesn't get much better for little guy/ gal fishin, just a crappie jig and a bobber = hours of good times.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Finneus Polebender said:
Naa, will toss em back, just a a big nostalgia thing for me .Spent many spring / summer days of my youth on the banks of the tom catchin one after another . Although a lot has changed the ol crappie spot is still there and accessible kinda neat after all those years to go back besides I have to keep team Polebender on the leading edge of fish. Once the crappie get goin there it doesn't get much better for little guy/ gal fishin, just a crappie jig and a bobber = hours of good times.
can't argue with that. i remember using crappie jigs all day at ponds when i was little. those were the good days :cool:

K
Kevinb5688
I caught 6 crappie, and a 14 inch cut throat in the long tom yesterday, im fishing out of monroe by the little waterfall/ fish ladder. No huge crappie, but fun! You ever catch big cat fish out of there? Talked to a guy at the bar who had pics of a 3 and 5 lb cat.