Triangle lake

S
steelheadstalker31
Went out to Triangle lake Friday morning to try for some Kokanee fishing. The surface water temp was 76 at 6am, and 80 by 11am. Caught a few small cuts and had 2 small kokanee to the boat, and that was it. It was a pretty slow day. Chad and I stuck it out till 2 pm and decided to call it quits.

Last edited by a moderator:
F
FernRidgeChamp
BUMMER MAN!

I am going out there today, hopefully with the change of weather things will look up :think:

I've never been fishing for Kokanee, I found this post doing some research on the subject. I hope your next venture to the lake yields better results :pray:

FRC

T
tbox
Triangle lake fishing
We were there about a month ago and pulled out five nice fat 13" kokanee, and a few nice perch. We hooked all the kokanee within a couple hours using a red wedding ring and ford fenders. The Kokanee (that day) were directly across the lake from the public boat ramp, back in the corner near the lillies.
Good luck!

G
GrillMaster
No idea

No idea

I had no idea that there were Kokes in this lake, pretty small lake for Kokes.

GM

Troutski
Troutski
Positive ID...

Positive ID...

Are you sure they are Koke's? Like GM said I was not aware of any Koke's being in that lake. Not that I know everything but the ODFW list all the lakes in western Oregon that have them and Triangle Lake is not listed.

Chuck

T
TTFishon
Troutski said:
Are you sure they are Koke's? Like GM said I was not aware of any Koke's being in that lake. Not that I know everything but the ODFW list all the lakes in western Oregon that have them and Triangle Lake is not listed.

Chuck

I am 100 percent positive Triangle lake has kokes. I have personally caught them there myself.

F
FernRidgeChamp
I spoke with a couple gentlemen this morning who claimed to have pulled some one a couple of weeks ago.

FRC

S
steelhead1
Indeed I have landed some beauty kokes out of that lake,too!

P
Pita
watch out for the rockslides!

T
TTFishon
Pita said:
watch out for the rockslides!

I don't get it. Why do the rock slides make you mad?

P
Pita
they don't make me mad, i love them. i guess i shoulda said watch out for the wedgies

T
TTFishon
I get it now.

F
FernRidgeChamp
lol.

Other than the earlier mentioned tip, anyone else have tips of pulling kokes from this lake?

There are several resources on the internet that will mention kokes in Triangle Lake. I wanted to mention that, even though that discussion has ended.

N
nob
I was just at triangle yesterday but only caught 1 13in fatty koke. plenty on the screen but not many takers. I caught the one on a fish with gary small copper king with a matching spinner w/ worm on trailing hook,,, just a chunk of worm not a whole one. I had three kids with me and they get bored trolling so I only tried it for about an hour then went to the east side and caught 6 yellow perch and a couple doz bluegills ,,,, they had fun but I shure would have liked a few more kokes!!!!!

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome nob!

Welcome nob!

nob;
Welcome to the best darn fishing forum found west of the Mississippi! You will find we are a friendly bunch of fisher folk who strive to help each other enjoy every fishing experience as much as possible. Glad to see you jump right in with information and sharing. Bet we see more of you around here. Again,welcome.
Be safe.
Barb

G
grampa ron
Triangle Lake Kokes

Triangle Lake Kokes

I have been catching Kokes out of there for years. There are so many that they don't get too big. Ford Fenders and wedding rings are pretty good there. I have never been able to catch any by jigging. I don't have a boat anymore so I haven't been lately. Anyone wanting a free guide?

W
windburnt
got 2 kokenee and 1 bluegill at triangle yesterday.. 1 keeper.... wasn't even on blades and spinners..... god darn bobber sinker hook... lol 15$ vs 30cents for gear.... hmmm lol.. picture later when i can slack at work more. caught the bluegill on spinner go figure.. lol

W
windburnt
fishy

F
FernRidgeChamp
How long was that, hard to tell? I just got a fish finder on my pontoon, I need to take it out there and try for some koke. FIrst I need to get my line unwrapped from trolling so much. A long walk did not do the trick.

FRC

W
windburnt
roughly 12"