Trespassing

F
fishtales
I heard a handful of guys got in trouble today for hunting or being on watershed property. I was not there so I did not get the full story. Can they give out trespassing tickets for this?

Did anyone else hear about this?

Irishrover
Irishrover
It depends on which watershed you are talking about. If it's the Bull Run Water shed the answer is yes. That area has long been off limits and has always been patrolled. Since the events of 9-11-2001 the security up there has been increased. It's a federal crime to trespass in the Bull Run. Afew years back they increased the size of the watershed up in the Homestead area. Lots of local folks used to hunt elk in that area, but now it's off limits. They are trying to protect the Portlands water supply.

Now east of hwy 35 just off road 44 is the Dalles watershed. In years past we used to do a couple of things up there, hunt and get fire wood. I don't know if thing have changed up there but in the past it was open to the public.

F
fishtales
That is good to know, thanks. The other half of the story I heard was they shot a doe and maybe it had to do with cleaning it too close to the water. Not sure but I hunt up there so I am trying to find out what happened. I guess could call in and talk to the troopers office.

thanks

O
Outdoor_Myers
I was gonna say was it the mcminnville water shed then its extremely illegal they have camera posted in places.

F
fishtales
Yeah, I have heard that and know to stay away. It might have been there, but I am not sure. When I heard they shot a doe I thought the ticket was for that.