Tred Barta

M
metalmania
So I just heard that Tred Barta is now paralyzed from the chest down. I've been watching his show for many years, and have been amazed at his knowledge of huning and fishing, and I absolutely love his enthusiasm and outlook on sportfishing and hunting. My prayers go out to him and hopefully he gets better.

Troutski
Troutski
Fun guy to watch...

Fun guy to watch...

Bummer....one of the few fishing shows I did look forward to. My prayers go out to him and his loved ones.

Chuck

Irishrover
Irishrover
I hope he can recover. I love watching trying to go after ducks with a bow, or unravel a mess of tuna lines with fish on. He gives some good advise on life after the stroke.

Last edited:
M
metalmania
Ya after watching his show he inspired me to pick up waterfowl hunting with a bow.

J
joesnuffy
Watching Tred Barta made me want to shoot myself. I can't stand him. He is such a hypocrit it's unbelivable.
[/rant]

D
Dichrofisher
metalmania said:
Ya after watching his show he inspired me to pick up waterfowl hunting with a bow.

Now that sounds like a challenge!:shock:

M
metalmania
Dichrofisher said:
Now that sounds like a challenge!:shock:

Yep, I didn't fish for 3 months cause I was so addicted to it. It was tough but a ton of fun.

F
FishSchooler
I can't watch versus anymore because of the stupid switch to DTV... And we dont have espn or any other channels besides opb, discovery, channels 1-10 basically... the others are C-span and jewelry station thingys...

T
Troutier Bassier
FishSchooler said:
I can't watch versus anymore because of the stupid switch to DTV... And we dont have espn or any other channels besides opb, discovery, channels 1-10 basically... the others are C-span and jewelry station thingys...
Go Online

F
FishSlayer420
NO!!!!!!!!!!!. Tred is my idle He is who i based my Avatar on carrying my deer on my shoulders. that sucks so bad. My Prayers go out to him and his Family

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Spinal stroke?

Spinal stroke?

I had never heard of a "spinal stroke" until I read the story. I wonder if there is any chance for recovery?
Be safe.
Barb

F
FishSlayer420
They said that there is some chance for recovery. I am pulling for ya Tred:pray:

T
troutmasta
Tred is a true icon for persistance and patience. Anyone who calls themself an outdoorsmen could learn a thing or too from him. Its terrible what happened and I truly hope he can recover. The man caught a marlin and a sailfish on 8 pound test. WOW.