Treble hooks for spinners

K
Kelkay
Alright folks, please tell me what treble hooks you prefer for your spinners. (if you use trebles that is) I bought some Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp hooks, and I liked them alright. I also bought some Gamakatsu treble hooks. I was wondering what the thought was on the Owner, and VMC treble hooks were, and if you have tried them. Most of my spinners will use Eagle Claw hooks, but for special spinners, I thought I might upgrade here and there. Plus I believe the EC hook is still made in the USA, and I like to buy that most of the time if possible. I feel pretty sure that the Owner will be a really good treble hook to have...all the other Owner hooks I have owned were good ones.

J
JeannaJigs
If you can get a hold of the super needle point owners and not the cutting points, you won't regret it.
I swap out all my plugs with them

K
Kelkay
Thanks for the recommendation. :) Owner Treble Super Needle Point ST-36 is the hook I believe you were referring to. I am going to price them now.

Last edited:
K
Kelkay
Anyone else? I noticed that Lure Parts Online has that Owner treble. I wonder if my local Academy does though. If so I would prefer to get them here. I don't NEED to make another lure company purchase. Every time I do it hurts the old budget...lol.

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
Owners are dank hooks. I use 2or3X strong on my Thomas and not a bent hook yet when pullin' in a cromer.

K
Kelkay
I wonder, can you put that into "Texican" for me? Thanks a bunch. :)

K
Kelkay
I am sorry but I could not quite grasp what you were saying Fish On Fred. I take it you like the Owner hook?

K
Kelkay
My local Academy had Owner stinger trebles in ST-36BC X. I guess the x is extra strong, not sure. They did not have the ST-36 sadly. I am going to also try the Mustad Ultra Point round bend trebles. (besides the Gamakatsu and EC lazer sharp trebles I already have. I will buy the ST-36 online in the future if I still haven't found any locally by then. Has anyone tried the ST-36BC by Owner? They look good. I got a box in Black Chrome color.

B
BobbiDollPDX
Fish-On Fred said:
Owners are dank hooks. I use 2or3X strong on my Thomas and not a bent hook yet when pullin' in a cromer.

Kelkay said:
I wonder, can you put that into "Texican" for me? Thanks a bunch. :)

Well since "dank" usually refers to high quality marijuana (or so I've heard :lol: ) I would assume FoF is singing the praises of Owner Hooks.

K
Kelkay
Ah well dank meant something else entirely to me...lol. I didn't know where he was from, but I knew I had never heard of dank referring to hooks, and had to look up cromers....rotfl. Thank you for that clarification. That is funny now that you think about it... :)

F
fish_4_all
Just wantexd to say that even Eagle claw has started shipping off manufacturing of their hooks over seas from what I have been told by a couple in the business. Sucks because quality will suffer just like VMC and Mustad quality has fallen.

Wish I could help with trebles but I simply don't use them, not legal on salmon here anyway.

K
Kelkay
Well if Eagle Claw has started making their hooks overseas, that will change what I personally buy from them. One reason I bought their hooks is because they were made in the USA. I especially like their jig hooks for fly tying. Thanks for the heads up on that. I will have to check into this further.