Treble hook removal... Hint: it's not in a fish.

N
nwkiller
wow, all i can say :shock:is watch out:shock:

M
Moe
Holy S**T!

S
strawberry shortcake
My story isn't anything like that but I did end up with a few bandaids on my hands when I was done. I lost my Dad New Years Eve after a two year long very bad illness. He was a first class fisherman and could catch a fish with just a piece of string, a hook, and some yarn. At the age of 83 he had a garage full of fishing tackle, which I inherited. All of it. Even the spiders inside the rod carriers. I even have his snapped in two pole he got as a gift (his name was inscribed on that pole) that ended up being sacrificed to a fish that Dad said was the size of a whale. Anyway, I went through buckets, boxes, and coffee cans of fishing tackle. All tangled together so tightly that when I lifted one such tangle out of the coffee can, it came out in one piece and was so compacted, you could see the ringed indentations of the can on the sides of the perfectly shaped can-size tangle of fishing memories.

I spent an entire day untangling everything. When I was done, I had a tear stained face and about 7 bandaids on my fingers. The tears were good but my fingers hurt.

I ended up with enough tackle, both new and antique, to fill a large tackle box and three large compartmentalized storage containers, along with 7 rods and 4 reels. 4 of the rods were snapped in two or the tip had broken off. My fingers have healed, my heart not quite yet.

M
metalfisher76
strawberry shortcake said:
My story isn't anything like that but I did end up with a few bandaids on my hands when I was done. I lost my Dad New Years Eve after a two year long very bad illness. He was a first class fisherman and could catch a fish with just a piece of string, a hook, and some yarn. At the age of 83 he had a garage full of fishing tackle, which I inherited. All of it. Even the spiders inside the rod carriers. I even have his snapped in two pole he got as a gift (his name was inscribed on that pole) that ended up being sacrificed to a fish that Dad said was the size of a whale. Anyway, I went through buckets, boxes, and coffee cans of fishing tackle. All tangled together so tightly that when I lifted one such tangle out of the coffee can, it came out in one piece and was so compacted, you could see the ringed indentations of the can on the sides of the perfectly shaped can-size tangle of fishing memories.

I spent an entire day untangling everything. When I was done, I had a tear stained face and about 7 bandaids on my fingers. The tears were good but my fingers hurt.

I ended up with enough tackle, both new and antique, to fill a large tackle box and three large compartmentalized storage containers, along with 7 rods and 4 reels. 4 of the rods were snapped in two or the tip had broken off. My fingers have healed, my heart not quite yet.

That`s a lovely story S.S.!!
That was a huge treble!!! OUCH. At least they were prepared:D

B
BlackBass
Talk about some serious pain jesus he took it like a champ. I once had a hook in the palm of my hand and it was the most intense pain i have every felt. The Whiskey helped in my case as well :)

troutdude
troutdude
That dude is DA MAN!

D
Derick
Last chinook I landed was a 35 pound native in the boat and you couldn't net natives to aid in the release. Was using a double hook prawn setup and as my dad was getting the first hook out it slipped went through his hand and the bottom hook was still in the fish. What a painful way to play tugowar.

G
GDBrown
Never EVER go to the ER for a hook removal. Those Drs. think you need a scalpel and two hours to get it out! A friend of mine ended up with six stitches before it was over. Next time I showed him how to cut the shank with wire cutters and feed the hook on through....... Two puncture wounds and no stitches!

The video did have a big hook, i bet it hurt like H@#$ when the jerk happened. I notice everyone was laughing, was he?

F
fishnquest
GDBrown said:
Never EVER go to the ER for a hook removal. Those Drs. think you need a scalpel and two hours to get it out! A friend of mine ended up with six stitches before it was over. Next time I showed him how to cut the shank with wire cutters and feed the hook on through....... Two puncture wounds and no stitches!

The video did have a big hook, i bet it hurt like H@#$ when the jerk happened. I notice everyone was laughing, was he?

My father in law was the same way. He got a hook through his thumb one time. He cut the shank off and pulled it on through. OUCH.
Being and empath, I'm not even going to watch that video.

O
OnTheFly
For a second there I thought he gave the high five with the wounded hand!

E
everett464
Glad this thread is getting a second chance.

That video still makes my forehead sweat when I watch it. And, I have to say, I think the only thing they could have done better would be to have a hogs leg of Wild Turkey instead of that yucky Maker's.