Trails Bridge Camp Ground

Q
qwapaw
Hi guys & Gals, (see I can be politcally correct). I am thinking about taking a 3 or 4 day trip to Trails Bridge Camp ground. I hear it is real nice and peacefull, and some nice fish can be cuaght there. I have never been there and was wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I think I will pull my 16' drift boat up and if I catch something that will be a bonus. I just need a little down time from work, and fishing and camping is the best thing I can think of. Let me know about the fishing, and what is best to use if you could. Thanks, I'll return the favor some time for you, Dan Uchytil

H
Hooked on fishin'
Trailbridge is a nice place, its beautiful and quiet. You also have a choice of fishing, the trailbridge reservoir at the campground is a lure and fly only fishery, there is Smith reservoir which is located just behind the campground, you just take the road through the campground up the dam and can fish there, bait is allowed. Or, you can head up the highway a couple miles, just below Koosah falls and fish Carmen reservoir. There are a lot of fish, at they have all been stocked recently. There is a thread called Trailbridge trip success that has some input from others and some pics. My wife and I plan too go back up there on the 28th. Good luck and good fishin':D

Q
qwapaw
Thanks Hooked on fishing. I couldn't remember the names of all the places to fish up there. Have a good weekend, Qwa

O
Outdrsmn
Smith has a boat in only campground at the back of the lake.

S
steelhead1
smith river res.

smith river res.

I took my ma out on the drift boat last weekend at smith,we got losta action fishing near the rocks at the dam.we were using pautskis (sp?) on a slide bobber about ten feet down.no monsters but you can see some nice fatties cruisin around down there.The campground at the back of the lake is super neat,but can be crowded this time of year.good luck and let us know how it goes!:D

W
watchout trout
I stayed 3 days at Trailbridge this week. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. After you cross the narrow bridge to enter the campground there are some camp spots along the road on the left. We always stay there so I can put in my drift boat and then just row it back to camp and have it right there whenever I want to jump in. Small rooster tails are awesome here but I really like to fly fish it with olive wooly buggers # 8 or a #8 damsel fly nymph. Fish over where the telephone poles are in the water on the highway side. That's where the majority if the fish are. You may catch some nice holdovers in this area. I love it there. Have fun. wt