Trail bridge

T

TroutSlayer

I've heard talk about fishing that high and I've just returned home from a road trip out there. Looks very nice to fly fish out there but does anyone know where to fish or when a good time is to get a line wet out there?

F

fourgotten

Well, considering that that area doesn't open for fishing until April 24, I'd say that some time after that would be good;)

F

fourgotten

Possible that I mis-read the regs... I though that it fell into the following part of the McKenzie:

4. Forest Glen boat ramp near BlueRiver upstream to Trail Bridge Dam

• Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead and non-adipose fin-clipped steelhead greater
than 24 inches April 24-Oct. 31, angling restricted to artificial flies and lures as per Zone
Regulations.
• Catch and release only for trout, as per Zone Regulations.
• Open for trout April 24-Oct. 31.
• Closed to angling within the Carmen Spawning Channel and in the McKenzie River
from Trail Bridge Dam to 200 feet downstream from the Carmen Spawning channel
entrance.

Seriously NOT being a smartass (for once... I promise!)... just want to make sure that I'm not way off of my nut here, and if I am, get back on my nut before the squirrels run away with it.

T

TTFishon

since im on my phone its really hard to read those regs but i think that is for the river. trail bridge has its own regs

troutdude

troutdude

Dear Mr. Nut...

Dear Mr. Nut...

Possible that I mis-read the regs... I though that it fell into the following part of the McKenzie:

4. Forest Glen boat ramp near BlueRiver upstream to Trail Bridge Dam

• Open for adipose fin-clipped steelhead and non-adipose fin-clipped steelhead greater
than 24 inches April 24-Oct. 31, angling restricted to artificial flies and lures as per Zone
Regulations.
• Catch and release only for trout, as per Zone Regulations.
• Open for trout April 24-Oct. 31.
• Closed to angling within the Carmen Spawning Channel and in the McKenzie River
from Trail Bridge Dam to 200 feet downstream from the Carmen Spawning channel
entrance.

Seriously NOT being a smartass (for once... I promise!)... just want to make sure that I'm not way off of my nut here, and if I am, get back on my nut before the squirrels run away with it.

ROTFL!!!:lol::lol::lol: Sure do hope that you got back on your nut, before those furry lil' critters ran away with it.

I also think that what you found applies only to that stretch of Blue River. According to pg. 55 of the reg's, Trail Bridge Res. appears to be open 24/7/365. Enjoy.

TD

P.S. If I see a nut rolling around here on the floor, I'll be sure to return it!:shock:

M

Mike123

Yup the lake part is open year round. The river part has the regs.

B

BlackBass

Is trail bridge up by carmen smith? If thats the river that flows into the reservoir, there is some killer trout fishing up there. I remember as a teenager catching a 20 inch bull trout. We were on a camping trip we had two rods, with a few lures the lucky one was a black roostertail, that my brother and i shaired for two days catching fish nearly every cast :)

M

Mike123

Is trail bridge up by carmen smith? If thats the river that flows into the reservoir, there is some killer trout fishing up there. I remember as a teenager catching a 20 inch bull trout. We were on a camping trip we had two rods, with a few lures the lucky one was a black roostertail, that my brother and i shaired for two days catching fish nearly every cast :)

Yea that's the one! It has a small hydro power station there.. There are some 20lb+ Bulls in there that I've seen. I've caught a couple 8lbers and a 22in-er last year. I don't think many people know, but there are huuugeee rainbows in there too! Since they made it lures and flys only, the lake has gotten better every year! And the crowds are thinned out now. :D

T

TroutSlayer

thanks for the info guys, wasn't sure which part of the regs it fell under i guess when in doubt call em up. i was under the impression that it was open all year, but now i will have to verify with odfw before i go.

M

Mike123

thanks for the info guys, wasn't sure which part of the regs it fell under i guess when in doubt call em up. i was under the impression that it was open all year, but now i will have to verify with odfw before i go.

your welcome.........

B

BlackBass

Yea that's the one! It has a small hydro power station there.. There are some 20lb+ Bulls in there that I've seen. I've caught a couple 8lbers and a 22in-er last year. I don't think many people know, but there are huuugeee rainbows in there too! Since they made it lures and flys only, the lake has gotten better every year! And the crowds are thinned out now. :D

We fished upriver from the hydro plant and right by it. Killer trout fishing, the bull was taken a hundred yards down river.

jamisonace

jamisonace

Most Featured
If you have a way to get on the water (non motorized), I recommend fishing over by the road below the powerlines. The channel where the rivers opens up to the lake can be pretty good too. I have had most success there with chartreuse wooly buggers. Good luck.

M

Mike123

If you have a way to get on the water (non motorized), I recommend fishing over by the road below the powerlines. The channel where the rivers opens up to the lake can be pretty good too. I have had most success there with chartreuse wooly buggers. Good luck.

Why can't you use a motor? Clear Lake is no motors.. in all the years I've fished TB, it's been open to motors.

S

steelhead_stalkers

Sounds like a good trip to test out some micro jigs! Thanks for the info. ;)

troutdude

troutdude

Motors are legal on Trail Bridge!

Motors are legal on Trail Bridge!

According the the Oregon State Marine Board, a gas motor is legal on this lake. The only restriction is a speed limit of no more than 10 mph.

Marine Safety and Law Enforcement Program (MSLE) Waterbody Regulations

NOTE: In BOTH Clear Lake AND in Carmen Reservoir, you cannot use ANY motors at all...NO gas and also NO electric either. At Clear Lake, they make you take your motor completely OFF of your boat BEFORE you can even put in. They once made my dad & I do that before getting out on the lake.

And, I know that you cannot have even an electric in Carmen, because my bro-in-law and I were ticketed a couple of years ago. (The judge threw the ticket out, because Carmen was VERY poorly marked with signage back then).

M

Mike123

That's a good idea but isn't it artificial flies and lures only. :D ;)

Yea I forgot to mention I super glue the worm to the hook. It is now fixed to the lure making it "legal".. hahaha I've had this discussion with a OSP cop.

Top Bottom