Trail Bridge in October

C
Combat Chuck
Thank you hunters! :D My first trip there and I had the lake to my self. I trolled with lead core line and tossed a few spinners. I ended the day with about 10 fish. I kept 2 that were 14" and the rest were 11 and 12" fighters. One fish came on a homemade spinner and the others were on a triple teaser and a needlefish. I caught my first bull trout too. Cool to catch a new species... really good fight too (yes, it went back in the water quickly). I fished from about 8:30-12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good for you!

Good for you!

Way to go CC! :clap: Isn't it a wonder to have the lake to yourself? :) How are you liking your new boat? Hope it's all you thought it would be. See ya out there some time....

B
bd2cool
Nice!!
I love fall and winter fishing-I almost always have the water to myself.

Thanks for the report!

Troutski
Troutski
Wonderful lake...

Wonderful lake...

Next time try Smith Res. just above TrailBridge.....Brookies and Cutthroat..
Bulltrout huh, Those fish are so cool looking. Congratulations on a very successful trip. Between the Duck game and opening of hunting season I had VRC to my self, movie and dinner $40.00, great parking on a Saturday PRICELESS:dance:

Chuck

M
Mike123
I love Trail Bridge!
Last trip there was amazing. I ended up catching 3 Bull trout.. one was about 3lbs. Man those things fight hard! I like fishing up by the power plant.
You can cast right into the fast water coming out of the dam and catch some PIG bows and bulls! I caught one there that i couldn't wrap both hands around and have my fingers touching!
I do always see people using bait still though.. :confused:

Great pics btw!

kirkster
kirkster
Mike123 said:
I love Trail Bridge!
Last trip there was amazing. I ended up catching 3 Bull trout.. one was about 3lbs. Man those things fight hard! I like fishing up by the power plant.
You can cast right into the fast water coming out of the dam and catch some PIG bows and bulls! I caught one there that i couldn't wrap both hands around and have my fingers touching!
I do always see people using bait still though.. :confused:

Great pics btw!

Thats cool to hear my dad took me there when I was a youngster. I have often thought if it was still good fishing there at the power plant. We used to hit the powerplant hole early in the morning before the turbins kicked on and it was awesome to be fishing as they kicked on it put the fish on on a wild streak bite for the first 1/2 hour. Wow, its been probably ten years since I last took my kids there. Im planning a trip for sure.

PS I see you mention something about the use of bait. Is that not allowed there now?

Last edited:
M
Mike123
kirkster said:
Thats cool to hear my dad took me there when I was a youngster. I have often thought if it was still good fishing there at the power plant. We used to hit the powerplant hole early in the morning before the turbins kicked on and it was awesome to be fishing as they kicked on it put the fish on on a wild streak bite for the first 1/2 hour. Wow, its been probably ten years since I last took my kids there. Im planning a trip for sure.

PS I see you mention something about the use of bait. Is that not allowed there now?

Yep been 5 or 6 years now of artificial flies and lures only now. I like it.
Now the crowds have completely thinned out and the fish are growing BIG.
I've seen some 5+lb. bows in there not to mention 20+lb. Bulls.
PM me for secret lure. haha. Don't want to let that get out.