Town Run Water Level;

S
sherretb
Hi All,

Just wanted to know if there were any ball park numbers for water level on the MF that make for OK fishing through the town run. (at 4.7 ft at jasper currently)

I am planning on running island park to Alton Baker tonight and was wondering if you all thought it would be worth it.

I would like to hook into a steelhead.

L
LilCorky
You won't like the level. Use the Willamette at Eugene instead. Fishes best I think from 10 foot down. But if you want to fish it at any level go for it.

R
rippin fish lips
The water on the down run from day island to alton baker is still running high. But... I dont think you would be wasting you time... Ahh sheesh just noticed this threadis 2 days old now.. but w/e yeah i dont think u would be wasting any time regardless of the water level. if its not muddy lookin, fish it.

S
sherretb
Hi All,

Launched at Millrace and floated to Alton Baker.

Right after Millrace we had the diver and bait out and pole went down.

I am just getting into the diver and bait/plugs scene and have not had a hit yet....

So I freaked out and dropped the oars. My buddy dropped the anchor and I......

Realed in about a 16" squaw fish. We finished the float with not much other action other than a couple trout.

Looks like the water has continued to drop so I think I will go again on either Tues or Thurs. I think I will head to the S. Santiam though. Regardless I will put up a report... I WILL CATCH A SUMMER STEELHEAD!

Living in Corvallis is bitter sweat for summer steel.... an hour to everywhere (n. santiam, s. Santiam, Mckenzie, Willy, Siletz). BUT a half an hour to nowhere....

jamisonace
jamisonace
Don't be too discouraged. I've been out three times now and haven't landed anything but trout and smolt. It's still early, the water level is high and cold. You're best bet given the number of fish in the system at this point will be the Santiam.

Good Luck

sherretb said:
Hi All,

Launched at Millrace and floated to Alton Baker.

Right after Millrace we had the diver and bait out and pole went down.

I am just getting into the diver and bait/plugs scene and have not had a hit yet....

So I freaked out and dropped the oars. My buddy dropped the anchor and I......

Realed in about a 16" squaw fish. We finished the float with not much other action other than a couple trout.

Looks like the water has continued to drop so I think I will go again on either Tues or Thurs. I think I will head to the S. Santiam though. Regardless I will put up a report... I WILL CATCH A SUMMER STEELHEAD!

Living in Corvallis is bitter sweat for summer steel.... an hour to everywhere (n. santiam, s. Santiam, Mckenzie, Willy, Siletz). BUT a half an hour to nowhere....