Town run drift questions

M
mlw
I am going to drift clearwater down to someplace, have a few questions, mostly about landings (I think I have seen most of the landings, but before I had a drift boat, which I finished building this winter - so a little fuzzy on the details)

Below Clearwater:

Island Park - (River right, off south Mill ST ? just before A street bridge)

D st. (Aspen) (River right, just before I-5 construction) - How is the passage through the construction zone? - I have heard there is a sign saying "boats here" on river right, also have heard that the next slot right of the designated slot is easier.

Alton Baker - River right. Where is it? how do you get there by car?

Valley River - Can you pull a drift boat out here? - I have seen rafts come out here, can't picture the ramp.

Beltline - river left.

Interested in landing info, and any tips for drifting this stretch.

And of course, any fishing tips for this stretch appreciated (pm me if you don't want to tell the world). We are mostly thinking steel or salmon, I fly fish (or more exactly, row), my buddy is a gear guy.

thanks,
Michael

F
fish-on!!!..always.
Yep, you can pull a drift boat out at Vally River.

R
rippin fish lips
Island park boat landing... you got it right!

D street (aspen) on the dot. the passage below the I-5 bridge is a little tricky the first time toing it, we do the "main" boat passage way, just watch out for rocks/logs ect. use your passenger as a spotter up front, have him point which way to go as you make your way through this, it will help a lot. There is two shoots, when ur here i can meet up with you and point those shoots out to you and make it a little esier.

alton baker - off franklin i think it is? bad with street names. when you pull in to the driveway area go over the bridge past the "goose" ponds, follow it all the way strait, the rode will take a left, keep following it until you see where you can take a right, (has a yellow gate for when they close the park, 10 or 11 pm) you will then come up to the parking area of the boat ramp. Again - i can also lead you the way there to make it esier for you guys. Now there is another part of this river you will come up to, the (U of O) bridge it will be the last bridge before you get to the take out (alton baker) You will see flat water too the left along the right side of the river, you look down streem under the bridge to the (left) you will see the faster deeper water (rapids) thats the shoot you want to take. The (U of O bridge) should have a bunch of ppl walking on it both ways.

Vally river - havent seen it, can't help there =/

Betline - check.

PM sent with other tips.

R
rippin fish lips
oh yeah if you are bumping alont the river in the clear water - day island float, watch for under water logs and boulders... we had a few close calls with some today... they will steel your anchor from you!!

and also STAY RIGHT all the way down when you see forks in the river.

J
JeannaJigs
I've steered clear of the five bridge when it's been flowing good but it's probably pretty simple now. Might do it next week. I've been putting in at Alton baker and taking out at beltline, simply because I live in santa Clara and it's close. This weekend I think im doing Dexter to Jasper, maybe. Will see. Alton baker to beltline has some pretty decent salmon and steel water though

Troutski
Troutski
Blue Ribbon Drift

Blue Ribbon Drift

JeannaJigs said:
I've steered clear of the five bridge when it's been flowing good but it's probably pretty simple now. Might do it next week. I've been putting in at Alton baker and taking out at beltline, simply because I live in santa Clara and it's close. This weekend I think im doing Dexter to Jasper, maybe. Will see. Alton baker to beltline has some pretty decent salmon and steel water though

Oh; are you in for a treat, that has to be the second best drift on the Middle Fork.
I must say "don't over look the resident Trout" on that drift. We are very lucky to live so close to this drift, I have goose bumps just thinking of that drift.
Tight lines...

Chuck

R
rippin fish lips
Troutski said:
Oh; are you in for a treat, that has to be the second best drift on the Middle Fork.
I must say "don't over look the resident Trout" on that drift. We are very lucky to live so close to this drift, I have goose bumps just thinking of that drift.
Tight lines...

Chuck

how is that drift? AB - Beltline that is.

M
mlw
Thanks for the advice (rippen fish lips) - floated clearwater to d street today, (mid day) - only a few little trout, but nice drift and some real nice water (still a fair bit of it, but nice color, down from lately).
Saw a bunch of sunken logs, so keep your eyes out.
Michael

R
rippin fish lips
mlw said:
Thanks for the advice (rippen fish lips) - floated clearwater to d street today, (mid day) - only a few little trout, but nice drift and some real nice water (still a fair bit of it, but nice color, down from lately).
Saw a bunch of sunken logs, so keep your eyes out.
Michael

nice, atleast u didn't get skunded! dont give up on it!

T
Thuggin4Life
Troutski said:
Tight lines...
Chuck

Guess who may be doing this float and may have talked up the trout through there. finally i might get my feet on some shores i have wanted to fish but never felt like swimming to get there.

Troutski
Troutski
Time well spent...

Chuck