Top 3 spinners/inline spinners for bass

K
Kelkay
What would be your top 3 spinners/inline spinners for bass? If you only have 1, that is fine too! :D

C
CFishRun
1. Silver bladed, white/chart skirt spinner bait size 1/2oz
2. Mepps #4 Aglia White buck tail, red-orange body, silver blade
3. Three blade Buzz Bait with a white skirt size 1/4 oz

K
Kelkay
Thanks for your input on this. I appreciate it.

T
tomriker
i don't think i've ever used a spinner for bass... but im a pretty lazy bass fisherman, not gunna lie

F
Finneus Polebender
Like the booyah 3/8 oz and the terminator 3/8 oz caught more this year on the walmart 1$ cheapies than the others like white /chartruese/ black and combos of the for mentioned

K
Kelkay
I have not have much luck with spinnerbaits as I have with regular spinners. I love regular spinners, and I fly fish mostly though. I do good with jigs too, but mainly I wanted to know more about what spinners, such as types, colors, weights...do good for people.

T
TTFishon
Chartreuse, white, and black spinner baits
Rostertail of any color

S
Stradic2000
1. Tandem small gold colorado/large silver willow Spinerbait with white/chart skirt (Strike King-type/not the Terminator squid ones). I usually frankenstein up my spinnerbaits to get them the way I like 'em. I like to start with a Titanium Terminator for the frame, then switch out the skirts and sometimes I'll downsize the rear blade/or change to a tortise shell diamond pattern blade. I also like to swap out the standard silver bb swivels for matte black Sampo bb swivels. Fish scale/natural pattern skirts for clear water. But if I had to pick only one color, it would be white/chart. On some of my tandem spinnerbaits I'll remove the small colorado and turn it into a single willow leaf spinnerbait.
2. Roostertails - 1/6oz. is my favorite size for bass. The color depends on how bright it is, water color, time of year, then other times they'll surprise you and like a color you've never tried before.
3. Mepp's Thunderbugs 1/8oz. Colors: Metallic Blue and Metallic Green. I don't bother using other colors, these 2 colors work when I need them to.

Last edited:
K
Kelkay
Thanks for your thoughts on this. What have you caught with a Thunderbug? I don't think any trout have ever hit one of my Thunderbugs, I have one or two of them.

S
Stradic2000
Largemouth Bass is what I use them for. I've caught rainbow trout on them, but not many, mostly works for bass. The rainbows I caught were from high mountain lakes. Metallic blue seems to work great in high mountain lakes.

Last edited:
K
Kelkay
I never even tried them for bass. Thanks for the idea on that. The trout I fish for around here are all stocked. We only get them in the winter here because the trout would die in the summer heat.

C
cookshot
My buddy fishes with a crawfish colored rooster tail (the orange one with black dot things on it) and I don't think I've ever out fished him for bass (or anything for that matter). He literally buys as many as he can at a time. I'm not sure if it's the rooster tail, or the color, or more that he's just a fishy guy.

K
Kelkay
I guess I have not seen that exact one you are speaking of. Sounds like a winner though. Some people can catch fish on a beer bottle cap. They are just good at fishing. Sometimes I'm hot, sometimes I'm not when it comes to fishing. But I usually do better than average. I will look at the stores for the lure you are talking about, and keep it in mind. Yes, the fish must like the crawfish color.