Toonin with OnTheFly

B
bigsteel
Thanks to jim me and lilsalmon headed up to meet him in oregon city this morning and see what these pontoons are all about,,,,,,,,we hit clear lake first but it was cold and windy so we headed over to harriet and put in....I have never been on a Toon so it was quite the experience,,,,after lookin dumb for a bit i got the hang of it,,,,,trolled wooly buggers with no luck.....jim and rose were catchin them on buggers.....so we took a break and i headed out and anchored up tied me on a nice bwo extended body ans whammo,,nice brown trout,,,,,first brown ive caught in my life......few minutes later rainbow on then a few minutes later a nice brown decided to come up and inhale my fly.......lots of callibaetis out there,,,,i noticed a good majority were spent spinners.....MAN WHAT A GREAT DAY,,,,,first pontoon float and my first brown.......THANKS SO MUCH JIM I HAD A BLAST:dance::dance::dance::dance: ALL FISH CAUGHT AND RELEASED

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude
troutdude
Another mahvelous journey for Biggie 'n Lil...way to go!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like a blast. nice looking cuttie and brown!

O
OnTheFly
Hey Rose...that'sa cutthroat!

L
lilsalmon
Which one is a cutthroat? the second?
OnTheFly said:
Hey Rose...that'sa cutthroat!

O
OnTheFly
The trout on the right with the slash on the lower jaw plate. Cool! You didn't say you caught a cutthroat.

H
halibuthitman
nice Brown steel! congrats on that! sounds like you have really hit the ground running with the flyfishing.... awsome

L
lilsalmon
I am just seeing that for the first time....that is Dave's fish.....yeehaw

Wow...another awesome day....I once needed to get a job so I can pay rent, car payment, bills, etc...What was I thinkin? I need a toon.....:D

Thanks again Jim for the great day.

I had more pics but they didn't turn out for some reason....

Last edited by a moderator:
G
GDBrown
Great Day Fishing

Great Day Fishing

Sounds like you guys enjoyed your day to the fullest! Toons are kind of fun but I feel better after 3 hour in the LBD than after only 30 min on the toon.:shock: Good looking fish you caught there also, now just to make sure, the first was a Brown and the second was a Cut just so you don't get them mixed up.:lol:

I had a good time too but I didn't catch a thing.... My grandkids did all the catching! We went to Hagg lake about 10AM and put in by the fishing pier and the little guys and gals caught a dozen or so perch. We weren't keeping anything but they sure had fun catching them. It was the first time fishing for my grandson who is 6 now. I'm glad they live close enough for me to take them once in a while.

We fed the birds too but it was only a Raven/Crow (I'm not sure which).:rolleyes:

Lets do it again!

GD

O
OnTheFly
lilsalmon said:
I am just seeing that for the first time....that is Dave's fish.....yeehaw

Wow...another awesome day....

I know the brown was the first on a fly but was that also true for the Cutty?

M
Markcanby
Im going to have to make it up there with my toon this year I really want to get a brown.

L
lilsalmon
OnTheFly said:
I know the brown was the first on a fly but was that also true for the Cutty?

Yep, I believe all of the fish he caught was on the fly.....no pun intended...hehe

N
ninja2010
that's awesome guys... jim should really be a lake flyfishing guide.

(btw, otf... is it trophy time yet?)

M
Mike123
Beauty brown!! WTG guys!

B
bigsteel
thanks guys,,,,jim has the lake thing down.......ive always flyfished rivers since i was younger but this lake stuff is great..

A
autofisher
Way to go guys. One of these days, I'm going to have to break down and "toon" my tail off. The pics look great and yes Jim, you should be a lake guide.

E
eggs
i should have gone with yall... looks like a blast!

R
rainbowfisherman
Would a float tune be as afficient, thats what i have..:think:

M
metalfisher76
Right on guys!!

troutdude
troutdude
rainbowfisherman said:
Would a float tune be as afficient, thats what i have..:think:

A float "tune"? Did you mean tube? If so, you cannot cover nearly as much water in a float tube, as you can in a Pontoon Boat.

A tube is generally kick-powered, and a toon is generally rowing powered (or with flippers if you wish to slow down your presentation).