Took the Niece and Nephews fishing for the afternoon :D

O
osmosis
Isabella, Anthony, and Andrew are officially fish killers! :clap:

I showed them how to cast a few times and from there they were whoopin on 'em! I just had to keep reminding them that you can't run next to a pond. I worked the net and gave pointers, they did a great job on their own. They only lost one spinner between all three of them all day, I was very impressed.
We all had a blast. Great summer day and the trout were biting pretty well and same with the bluegill. We saw a couple 10lb plus carp and some catfish in the same ballpark. They weren't interested in anything we had to offer though.

The girl of course whooped the boys butts, Isabella got twin 17" FAT trout! Fat enough she wanted help holding up her stinger!

april20325.jpg

april20329.jpg

april20332.jpg

april20341.jpg

Look at these suckers :dance:

april20342.jpg

Can you tell I'm a happy uncle :lol:

B
beaverfan
Check out those smiles! Great day to get out on the water. Man those big ones are nice and pink. Bet they was good eats!

T
tonythefish
nice catch,, where, how, and when. What bait are you using

O
osmosis
Thanks! I was impressed with that color for sure. Those fish must have been all over the crawdad population or something.

Where - In a pond :D. when - this afternoon. The trout should be biting in all the lakes if you can find where they're hiding. Head to your favorite spots.

Bait? nah, I got these guys started off right, with spinners of course :)

april20346.jpg

Blackened nickel #2 french blade, #2 clevis, black bullet body, Gamakatsu magic eye treble in size 6. on .031 wire.

R
rainman
To take young un's fishing is an opportunity that should never be squandered. The look of joy on their faces shows to me that whatever it took to get them there, was worthwhile.
As a child, my family enjoyed going up to Twin Lakes, Wa.(the one by Lake Roosevelt).
Beautiful place in the mountains, fishing was usually pretty good in those days.
My childhood memories of that place are some of the most treasured memories I have. Indeed, my very first memory of life is at that lake, I was 3 or so, and I just caught a frog.
Sounds like you are building some good memories there.
Bravo Zulu.

p.s.
It's i before e, except after c.

S
SmallStreams
Nice! Now they're going to think fishing is easy LOL

T
Troutier Bassier
SmallStreams said:
Nice! Now they're going to think fishing is easy LOL
Sooo True.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Looks like some happy youngsters there. Good job!

O
osmosis
Thanks guys! They had a lot of fun and have been begging non stop to go back. When we got home yesterday they asked for some rods so that they could practice casting (and did so until it was too dark to see). Those fish are in real trouble now :)

T
Troutier Bassier
Soon they will be like me,
And Eventually join the Forum.

A
adambomb
Nice Job Osmosis! My first nephew isn't even a year old yet so I have to wait a while before I can make some smiles like that. Pictures like those remind me of the simple pleasure of catching a fish, any fish, any where. Those kids have a great uncle, keep up the good work!

O
osmosis
You're gonna have a good fishin buddy here in about 5-6 years :)
Thanks again man, it was a good day.

M
metalmania
Nice job man, looks like those youngins had a ton of fun. Just last year my nephew caught his first fish, a big fat smallmouth, at prineville reservoir. Nothin like gettin the youngsters into the fish.

F
Fishtopher
You know the future of our passion is in good hands when you see Osmosis gettin the next generation into fish...right on bro.:clap:

sweet man, i too am impressed with the color of your fish! Cut up nice!