Took a dip in the creek

98nismo
Twice haha. I fished gales creek and rock creek the past two days and it was a fun adventure. I caught tons of little pretty colored fish I don't know what the were. Then at the last hole I tried bout a 10 inch trout I assume took my rooster tail. I love their colors.
Then in rock creek I pulled out some very small bass but looked really healthy besides one that had some nasty boils on his stomach. For trout I had tons of hits but only hooked one. I wasn't useing barbs on my lure due to the size of fish I was catching. I'm assuming it's a rainbow but it's really white and there's now rainbow so I don't really know. Man I really need to learn my fish haha.
8e634046.jpg
4655f1ba.jpg
de3acd4a.jpg

T
TTFishon
Looks like you had a great day on the water.

N
ninja2010
pretty trooties... thanks for sharing.

C
chris61182
Good job, and those are some awesome cutthroat. I've only fished Gales Creek high up in the system and have always been disappointed with the quality of the fish up there, but apparently there are some nice ones around :).

R
rippin fish lips
Beatiful fish and beatiful colors on them!

S
Spydeyrch
Hey, you said you fished rock creek? Is that the one that runs through beaverton, goes under the TV Hwy. bridge next to the cemetery next to Target, runs past Rood Bridge Park, then dumps into the tualatin river? I have been wanting to test that creek for some time now and gales too. I was actually thinking about hitting it tomorrow, Saturday. Any tips, thoughts, ideas?

-Spydey

F
firesweep
First small fish looks like a Salmon Smolt, The second is a Rainbow and the third is a cutthroat trout. Beautiful fish all around!

C
chris61182
firesweep said:
First small fish looks like a Salmon Smolt, The second is a Rainbow and the third is a cutthroat trout. Beautiful fish all around!

I'll guarantee you that the first and third fish are both cutthroats, and there's a good chance the second one is too.

I've caught plenty with similar coloration.
cutthroat.jpg

98nismo
Spyde: yes its the same creek. they hit my small rooster tail. then just do it :)

very good to know odd that if they are all the same type how much different the colors are. I have two pictures im trying to upload right now one is a very healthy looking bass the other well the other makes me sick. if i could have kept that trout for diner I might have but it came out of the same place i caught this.
1bfad986.jpg
9916a6dd.jpg

C
chris61182
98nismo said:
very good to know odd that if they are all the same type how much different the colors are.

Yup, a lot of the fish around these parts can have huge variations in coloration, even from the same body of water. Some cutthroat won't even have the red or orange throat marks! Now that can really throw a wrench into the identify a fish.

B
bigdog
Yeah the colors can very and throw you off but there is no rainbow in the fish you have shown us though.