Too cold to fish!!!

M
Mad dog
Fished the main near the house....Burrrr!!! :( It was cold enough that it wasn't very fun! Side drifted for about 3 hrs, my youngest was just about as into holding a fishing rod this morning as I was holding onto the oars! :D We had a nice 10-20 mph wind coming up the river to really add a chill to things! Muddy, cold water to boot, pretty bleak! We did find one fish though....not overly exciting for the most part, I think most of the smart fishermen stayed home! Oh well, 1st time out since I had the carb rebuilt on the driftboat motor....ran ok, mostly an excuse to check it out anyway.

Last edited:
M
Mad dog
Crappy camera video that won't load right....terrible editing skills! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
W
waco
yeah man is COLD!!! I think this will be 1st saturday not fishing!!! :mad:

F
FishFiddle
You guys get the Tuff Guy Award! Seriously! Iced up guides and all...

F
fredaevans
We dodged the bullet here on the upper Rogue River. Dead calm (occasional very light breeze), degree or two above freezing and snowed like heck yesterday. River was in perfect condition for even us year-round fly flickers.

fae

S
skunk
Way too cold for me after working outside all day! Way to get it done guys.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Water was cold for me too! Slow going! glad to hear I wasn't the only one out!

C
cddunn
Not too cold (new thermals) to fish. Too cold to catch? Nada on the Wilson.

P
Phil_Bud
U had a better chance of getin one then I did. I planned on goin but the weather kept me inside.

F
fredaevans
0342 and just looked at one of my electronic thermometer read outs .....19 degrees and falling. I think I'll leave the Spey rod in the garage this morning.

C
ChezJfrey
Dang! You aren't kidding...I only lasted about an hour and a half this morning before my aching hands (even had some thin gloves on) had me call it quits. Too bad; I was frustrated at my wimpiness as I saw two fish surface, but left before giving myself a better chance at some action.