Tonight is the night!!

B
BassinFever
I will be on Loon Lake this evening from about 6:30 PM till around 8-9:00 AM.

Full report to follow!!

B
BassinFever
Not a lot to report, but we both caught around 6 fish, partner with a jitterbug and me with a black spinnerbait! Biggest fish for both of us was around 3#'s.

Interesting story about the Loon Lake BLM Park:

I got there about 6:30 PM Tuesday afternoon, The young gal at the entrance was pleasant and asked what I was going to do! I said, "A friend and I are going to fish all night"! She said, "Well, you can fish all night, but you can't park all night"! I said, "What do you mean "I can't park all night"! She said that the boat trailer parking is a day use only area and closes at 10PM!

I said, "You have to be kidding me"! There has to be some way around this.

I said, "Why are you being so strict"? She said that people were parking in the day use area and partying and they had to start enforcing the closing time"! I said, "Do I look like I'm going to party"? She laughed, at least she had a sence of hummor! So, what can I do? She said," Well, you can park in the extra parking area, but it will cost you $7.00 so I said that would be fine! Then she said that if I did that that I had to stay out on the water all night and could not come in early! I said, "WHAT"!!!!! You mean that I cannot pull up to the dock, tie up my boat and use the toilet or leave early if I want?? She said, " Not until after 6AM in the morning! I was in a self control mode at that point!! So I said, "What are you going to do if I do, Tackle me and put me under arrest, this is Bull Sh*t"!

Anyway, I paid the $7.00 and went fishing. As luck would have it we did pull out about 5:30 AM and intentionally waited in the parking lot till 6AM just to see what would happen! Knowone showed up!!

Welcome to Government control of everything in our lives!!!

M
mgdguy
BassinFever said:
Not a lot to report, but we both caught around 6 fish, partner with a jitterbug and me with a black spinnerbait! Biggest fish for both of us was around 3#'s.

Interesting story about the Loon Lake BLM Park:

I got there about 6:30 PM Tuesday afternoon, The young gal at the entrance was pleasant and asked what I was going to do! I said, "A friend and I are going to fish all night"! She said, "Well, you can fish all night, but you can't park all night"! I said, "What do you mean "I can't park all night"! She said that the boat trailer parking is a day use only area and closes at 10PM!

I said, "You have to be kidding me"! There has to be some way around this.

I said, "Why are you being so strict"? She said that people were parking in the day use area and partying and they had to start enforcing the closing time"! I said, "Do I look like I'm going to party"? She laughed, at least she had a sence of hummor! So, what can I do? She said," Well, you can park in the extra parking area, but it will cost you $7.00 so I said that would be fine! Then she said that if I did that that I had to stay out on the water all night and could not come in early! I said, "WHAT"!!!!! You mean that I cannot pull up to the dock, tie up my boat and use the toilet or leave early if I want?? She said, " Not until after 6AM in the morning! I was in a self control mode at that point!! So I said, "What are you going to do if I do, Tackle me and put me under arrest, this is Bull Sh*t"!

Anyway, I paid the $7.00 and went fishing. As luck would have it we did pull out about 5:30 AM and intentionally waited in the parking lot till 6AM just to see what would happen! Knowone showed up!!

Welcome to Government control of everything in our lives!!!

That is just ridiculous. You need to write a letter to BLM. You paid the fee(s), not doing anything illegal, and it's PUBLIC LAND. You shouldn't be 1) harassed with nonsensical 'rules' because whatever Ranger Rick there is on a power trip, and 2) be bled out of more money for no good reason.

T
TTFishon
My wife and I went there a couple of years ago. Drove in and turned around and left due to a sign that read "No Dogs Allowed". That's the first and only time I have ever seen that before.

B
brysageek
Bassin fever!

Bassin fever!

How is the fishin down at tenmile l's much luck,I recently went to Loon Lake not too long ago and found that there was way too much traffic around to get a decent fish on was actually pretty frustrating!

B
BassinFever
Sorry that I cannot be of much help on Tenmile. I have not been on the lake for over a month!

Yeah, Loon is LOONY after about 9AM with all the wake boats and such, that's why I prefer to fish at night!

B
BassinFever
This is an Email reply I got back from BLM!

I actually do understand!

I am writing in regards to your concerns about the management of our day
use area at Loon Lake Recreation Area. The employee you spoke with was
correct with her information about the day use.

Currently, the day use is closed from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. There are a
couple of reasons for this regulation. Our lower campground loop is
located very close to the day use area. Sound travels very easily, making
it difficult for campers to sleep if people occupy the day use area at
night. Loading and unloading boats takes the use of a vehicle which can
disrupt the tranquility of the area.

If we were to allow the day use area to be used at nighttime, we would be
opening up the area to more use by boats at night. This would increase the
noise level, as well as possible night parties.

You might try contacting the Loon Lake Lodge at 541-599-2244 to see if they
can accommodate your needs. If you have any further questions, feel free
to contact me at 541-751-4241. Thank you for taking the time to write down
your concerns

T
Troutier Bassier
Anarchy!!!

R
rippin fish lips
TTFishon said:
My wife and I went there a couple of years ago. Drove in and turned around and left due to a sign that read "No Dogs Allowed". That's the first and only time I have ever seen that before.

TTFishon, they don't like too allow dogs/pets on the beach. i think its dumb too, if they have to go to the bathroom on the beach we can just pick it up and throw it away. but whatever.
But anyways on the east shore, instead of going left into the main campground, go left after it over a green metal bridge, the (east shore) there is a dog and a little beach with (no sand) where dogs are allowed, there is good fishing off that dock!! dont let the stupid sign trick you! the east shore is nice, campground sites there are nice and its easy access right there to the lake! you will cath kokes there, trout, bass, bluegill, catfish, any warm water species!

T
TTFishon
rippin fish lips said:
TTFishon, they don't like too allow dogs/pets on the beach. i think its dumb too, if they have to go to the bathroom on the beach we can just pick it up and throw it away. but whatever.
But anyways on the east shore, instead of going left into the main campground, go left after it over a green metal bridge, the (east shore) there is a dog and a little beach with (no sand) where dogs are allowed, there is good fishing off that dock!! dont let the stupid sign trick you! the east shore is nice, campground sites there are nice and its easy access right there to the lake! you will cath kokes there, trout, bass, bluegill, catfish, any warm water species!

Hey, thanks for the tip rippin. Next time I'm out that way I might have to check it out again.

R
rippin fish lips
TTFishon said:
Hey, thanks for the tip rippin. Next time I'm out that way I might have to check it out again.

yeah no problem!! LOON LAKE is very beautiful! its my favorite lake around here. its well worth it to go camp there and mess around and fish, swin and just to have fun! we do it every year!! If u dont have a boat other then a toon, i suggest u bring that! because all along the east shore are, old docks and a bunch of debri to be fished for those big bass! i just got a pontoon and i might take it out there just to practice rowing. i would use it more, but we got a ski boat that ill cruise around on and fish off of. but im telling you to TRUST me!! :)

T
TTFishon
Oh I believe you. I work with an ex bass semi pro fisherman that says Loon is a good bass lake.

R
rippin fish lips
ok :) im just startin to get into bass fishing, i got a $25 gift card for bass bro shops, i wanan buy a few crankbaits for bass fishing, but dont know what to get for best results! got any tips TTFishin? or anyone else?! anything is appriciated, thanks fellow OFF members!!!

P.S. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!

T
TTFishon
Not too sure about crank baits. I mainly use plastics.

R
rippin fish lips
alright, like some berkley worms!! black and green ones or w/e.

M
Markcanby
rippin fish lips said:
ok :) im just startin to get into bass fishing, i got a $25 gift card for bass bro shops, i wanan buy a few crankbaits for bass fishing, but dont know what to get for best results! got any tips TTFishin? or anyone else?! anything is appriciated, thanks fellow OFF members!!!

P.S. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!

I was raised on LM an here in OR I wouldnt waste money on crankbaits. Wait what do you mean by crankbait? Down south in winter they fish Wiggle Warts an I dont think I would do it here but Rapalas are always a good bet. For the most part I would go with plastic an topwater in OR most of our bass weather is great for topwater. All I ever used were Zara Puppies,Buzz Baits,Spinner Baits an Carolina Rigging.

R
rippin fish lips
Markcanby said:
For the most part I would go with plastic an topwater in OR most of our bass weather is great for topwater. All I ever used were Zara Puppies,Buzz Baits,Spinner Baits an Carolina Rigging.

well i guess i meant buzz baits and spinner baits, idk i havent reall ever focussed on bass fishing but i want to get into it! so i could use any tips on what gear to use, like mostly bait wise. im going to try a whole nightcrawler jigged on the bottom this coming up week! any tips are apreciated, thanks!

M
Markcanby
Um its tough cause Bass are in different places in different water different time of the day. Its all about water Temp an Cover. I say to the new guy go plastic worms Carolina Rigged. You can retrieve them jig them jerk them whatever but they will catch fish in all structure at all depth. The biggest thing is you wont catch many bass just cruising deep water like trout FISH THE STRUCTURE.

C
Coastaldweller
I have been slaying big bass since the first week in june. Like Mark said"Fish the structure". Fish docks, weed lines, submerged weed beds, lilly pads, trees, stumps,rock/s boulders. Basically anything that would provide a little cover. I have been using a variety of lures: spinner baits, rapalas, jigs and mainly Senko plastics. Green 6inch worm with red flake has been working wonders for me. I would safely say that almost every lake here onthe south coast is a decent bass fishery. (even the little potholes). As for Loon lake, its a great early morning fishery, after 9am or so the lake gets overwhelmed with ski boats. I have done really well along the eastern shore against the rock points and boulders around to where the creek dumps into the lake. Disgusting amounts of Bluegill in there to if you get bored with the bass fishing. Good luck up there!

R
rippin fish lips
yeah there is so many bluegill in there! and yeah there is a lot of structure along the east shore to the creek. a lot of old docks too. i was swimming last year OFF the dock on the east shore, was holding onto the dock hangin out next to the orange bouye on the dock, and next thing i feel is 2 nibbles from a bluegill! i have never got bit by a fish until last year! i was crazy i felt it grab on to my skin and pull away! nto even lying, i jumped out of the water so fast lol.