Toketee Kokes???

N
Ntofishing
On the way back from camping at Clearwater this summer I happened to run into a couple of guys at the Diamond Lake gas station. I had to ask how the fishing was at the lake just for giggles and they gave me what was going on there. That eventually lead to asking if they knew anything about the Kokes that Lemolo has in it. They informed me that if I wanted Kokes I needed to got to Toketee. From what I have read there is no mention of them in that lake. So I was wondering if anyone out there has caught any out of that lake? What did you use? What is the general size?

M
Mad dog
Never heard of Kokanee being in Toketee. It isn't very big or deep, Combine that with the extremely cold, clear water without much nutrient base I can't imagine them existing there in any kind of numbers. Lemolo on the other hand has some nice Kokanee!
:clap:

N
Ntofishing
Thanks for the info. A friend told me he thought they were pulling my leg. I am thinking you both are right.

As for Lemolo, how have you targeted those Kokes? I have fished Four mile and Crescent for them and got skunked both times.

M
Mad dog
Ntofishing said:
Thanks for the info. A friend told me he thought they were pulling my leg. I am thinking you both are right.

As for Lemolo, how have you targeted those Kokes? I have fished Four mile and Crescent for them and got skunked both times.

I haven't targeted Kokes at Lemolo....only the Browns!!! I have seen anglers in the campground with Kokanee that were in the 14"-15" range. I am not sure of the population in Lemolo but was told by a friend that was hunting elk in the fall that the North Umpqua was full of red and green Kokanee spawners.

Paulina is my all-time favorite Kokanee lake, followed by East, then Crescent.

troutdude
troutdude
I have two books, with extensive information about fishing in Oregon. They both state that Browns are the primary fishery at Tokatee; with 'bows and a few eastern Brookies rounding out what the lake holds. Neither book mentions any Koke's in Tokatee.

Both books also indicate only a "fair" koke fishery at Lemolo. One book says it is "the remnants of a stocking effort that failed."

N
Ntofishing
Mad dog said:
Paulina is my all-time favorite Kokanee lake, followed by East, then Crescent.

I have fished Paulina and Crescent. I caught some trout at Paulina and got skunked at Crescent. I think the reason I didn't catch anything at Crescent was because I went there in July. I might have to fish both again.

troutdude said:
I have two books, with extensive information about fishing in Oregon. They both state that Browns are the primary fishery at Tokatee; with 'bows and a few eastern Brookies rounding out what the lake holds. Neither book mentions any Koke's in Tokatee.

Thanks for the info.

S
Sinkline

Last edited: