Today is a sad day for me ......

S
Spydeyrch
Today is a sad day. Perhaps some of you already knew about this and maybe it was even already posted here in OFF, I am not aware of if it is is isn't. But it is sad.

I wanted to get some new gear for my fly rod and some other things and decided to pay Kauffman Streamborn a visit but couldn't remember their phone number so decided to look it up. I was also going to purchase some private fly lesson as I need to better my fly skills.

Well, I got online and looked up Kauffman Streamborn to find their phone number. I guess that as of 04/18/2011 they have closed all locations and are filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. :shock::( I couldn't believe it!!!

They were the closest fly shop for me and I really got along well with the employees. I will miss them and their great service.

Any thoughts as to where I might be able to go now for my fly gear? I live here in Beaverton, OR.

-Spydey

P.S. I think that they have been around for like 47 years or something like that. So it is sad to see them go.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
If you're in Beaverton, you had to pass a closer fly shop to get to Kaufmann's in Tigard. River City Fly Shop is on Scholls Ferry Rd is a great shop - and doesn't focus on the high end stuff like Kaufmann's did. Don, the owner, is a super guy to talk to and deal with, and there's a cadre of guys always there who are more than happy to talk fishing, give tips, show you how to tie flies, etc. Kaufmann's has been closed for about a month now.

N
NoobTooner
river city fly shop

11429 Southwest Scholls Ferry Road
Beaverton, OR 97008-7168
(503) 579-5176

he's got some stuff too.
small place, but it's packed to the gills with fly stuff.
...worth checking out if you haven't already.

S
skunk
Another vote for river city, a much better shop IMO

L
lilsalmon
I have never been to their shop but my first fly rod was purchased from them a little over a year ago at the Expo here in Albany...they guys were awesome!!!! Set me all up with a rod setup and 50 some flies for about 90 bucks....I love my little 6 wt....but could use a new reel....mine has had a lot of use

V
Van
River city is great and the guys are a lot of help. So was Kauffmann's though. I will miss it. It was a great shop. Jakob, Brian and Jad were always a lot of help and full of great info.