to Hagg or not to Hagg??

N
njbinkers
ok so tuesday is looking like a good day to go out and i got the day off. how is the fishing been out there 1st off? and is it worth the drive from troutdale to fish or should i go to blue lake right down the road?
suggestions please!!!

and if i do go to Hagg (never fished it yet), where are good spots? ill proabbly be in my pontoon boat but no motor so im rowing, keep that in mind
thanks in advance
Nick

N
njbinkers
sweet man thanks!! ive been there, just never fished it, i went to check it out last year i think and to see where it was at.
what are they bitting on right now? powerbait, spinners, eggs or worms? and if its bait, botton set-up or bobber?

W
waco
A lot of people catch fish with power eggs on the bottom but i have got a lot of them with spinners!!!

N
njbinkers
waco said:
A lot of people catch fish with power eggs on the bottom but i have got a lot of them with spinners!!!

sweet deal. ya ive noticed the few times ive been out..at battleground lake and lackamas lake in SW washington that spinners near the bank have been good. any certian colors for spinners? i normaly use rostertails

B
beaverfan
Ya really all of the above, powerbait/powereggs are usually the easiest way to get your limit but you shouldn't have too much trouble with lures or worms too.

W
waco
njbinkers said:
sweet deal. ya ive noticed the few times ive been out..at battleground lake and lackamas lake in SW washington that spinners near the bank have been good. any certian colors for spinners? i normaly use rostertails
I think any color would do it!!! i like rostertails and panthers too!!!

N
njbinkers
nice, i think i might go, proablly early too. if anyone lse is out there ill be the one in the green 8 foot creek company pontton boat with a green life/fishing vest. say hi ya ya there. ill proabbly be on the side that beaverfan said.
thanks a lot guys

brandon4455
brandon4455
a small black,brown,rainbow or flame color roostertail sghould do good. silver blade if it's sunny gold if it's cloudy. fish wills till be caught if you use them differently then that, just not as much. might also get a suprise bass on the spinners.

W
waco
Cool good luck and bring back a report!!!!

W
wozniasm
njbinkers said:
ok so tuesday is looking like a good day to go out and i got the day off. how is the fishing been out there 1st off? and is it worth the drive from troutdale to fish or should i go to blue lake right down the road?
suggestions please!!!

and if i do go to Hagg (never fished it yet), where are good spots? ill proabbly be in my pontoon boat but no motor so im rowing, keep that in mind
thanks in advance
Nick

I was out in my toon on Saturday rowing and it was a bust but figured it was due to the change in weather between Friday and Saturday. I usually do well there. The area between Ramp A and the dam is a good suggestion. I see many trolling flashers seem to do better than others. I went over to Fishermans who just opened in Tualatin and they have wedding rings in sale so I'll try that next time. Heard trolling using white corn and a chunk of worm work well as well as PB.
I focused on Ramp C where I was told they pulled out a 20 pounder earlier in the week.

troutdude
troutdude
There are indeed some lunkers in there. You could try both suggested areas, time permitting (ramp C and from ramp A to the dam). Along the dam face should also produce.

I got most hits/fish last year, by trolling a flasher set and a brass colored Little Cleo wobbler. Good luck.

B
bernduffy
I was there Saturday...caught three: 10-12" on orange , white and chartreuse power eggs on #12 hooks weighted 18" off the bottom. After a major stocking, I find good action in coves and around points. Trolled everything I had with no luck. At 49 degrees, I think it's still kind of cold. Trout metabolism too low for aggressive strikes? Should be getting better if it ever warms up.
BTW: That 20 pounder was caught right at the ramp as the boat came in...they kept fishing to the bitter end...which turned out to be not so bitter. Never give up.

B
beaverfan
Sounds like a heck of a way to end the day!

P
paulie26
I was at Hagg yesterday, caught 3 ten to eleven inchers with rainbow, and yellow power bait on the north? bank toward the back before you go over the bridge. Where is the Fishermans that open in Tualatin?

Last edited:
W
wozniasm
paulie26 said:
I was at Hagg yesterday, caught 3 ten to eleven inchers with rainbow, and yellow power bait on the north? bank toward the back before you go over the bridge. Where is the Fishermans that open in Tualatin?

On Cascade Ave between the Greenburg and Scholls Ferry exits on 217. It's next to the new MOR's store.
10355 SW Cascade Ave

J
JKham
Fished Hagg today, we anchored and fished along the shore near boat ramp A and the dam. Not much action at all. Got three all were about 8". They seemed to prefer the green powerbait.