To fish or not to fish

OREGON FISHING FORUM

I am still thinking of taking my chances and getting out to the Wilson to catch my first bank winter steelhead.

I understand that no one is at fault here if i do go and get in trouble.

Just curious of what others thoughts were about going out to the banks and fishing. Obviously i will practice the stay 6ft away from another. Which lets be honest as fishermen we have an unspoken rule of giving a much larger space to a person who beat you to the spot anyway.

So is anyone else willing to risk it for the biscuit or am i just crazy for fishing ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anatoliy

Admin
I do it. I'm not in the states thou. But they say you can't catch it just by breathing (if no one is coughing next to you), so I guess it's а good way of self isolation. Also they say that it's up to our immune system if we can fight the virus in case we catch one. Being outside makes the immune system stronger. So I decided I'll have better chances to survive if I in isolation on a river bank than in a dusty apartments.
But that's me, I'm not sure that it's the right choice, and of course I don't tell anyone to do so, because I do it.

00Swede

Two of my favorite boat launches are in State Parks, which are closed. Thinking those might be "No Go".

Hooked Up

I'm going stir crazy being cooped up in the house. That said, I'm staying put and doing my part to help curtail the virus spreading.

hobster

I went to the river with my puppy the other day. No stops for gas or food, no one around us so I felt fine about it. I didn’t fish but am tempted to go since they will probably shut it all down soon. Besides that, yes, I too am going nuts and not leaving the house except for groceries or to walk the pup.
Latest member of our family, Mac.
24D756C1-4D9A-490E-8C20-2384BA9419F5.jpeg

my2labs

Most Featured
I went to the river with my puppy the other day. No stops for gas or food, no one around us so I felt fine about it. I didn’t fish but am tempted to go since they will probably shut it all down soon. Besides that, yes, I too am going nuts and not leaving the house except for groceries or to walk the pup.
View attachment 616559
He is a good looking pup man!

jamisonace

Most Featured
Why is anyone just sitting at their house? You can go anywhere that is not closed which is almost anywhere. Use common sense about contact with others. Where did this idea that people have to stay in their homes come from?

Hooked Up

View attachment 616559
Nice looking pup Eric.

Hooked Up

Why is anyone just sitting at their house? You can go anywhere that is not closed which is almost anywhere. Use common sense about contact with others. Where did this idea that people have to stay in their homes come from?
CDC has requested staying at home to avoid accidental contact, state governments have requested it following CDC's lead.
I have a friend from grade school who's stepmother just died, the granddaughter that lived with her is on a ventilator. Incidentental contact happened likely from the granddaughter who worked at a grocery store. Limit opportunities to spread the virus. That said, I'm going to my jobsite tomorrow to make sure the concrete forms are placed as discussed. I'm probably coming straight home, Clackamas river isn't far or I could plunk along the Willamette. It's tempting but I'll most likely come home.

jamisonace

Most Featured
CDC has requested staying at home to avoid accidental contact, state governments have requested it following CDC's lead.
I have a friend from grade school who's stepmother just died, the granddaughter that lived with her is on a ventilator. Incidentental contact happened likely from the granddaughter who worked at a grocery store. Limit opportunities to spread the virus. That said, I'm going to my jobsite tomorrow to make sure the concrete forms are placed as discussed. I'm probably coming straight home, Clackamas river isn't far or I could plunk along the Willamette. It's tempting but I'll most likely come home.
There are thousands of places to go where incidental contact is less likely than your jobsite including that plunking spot on the clack. You should fish it. It will be good for you.

If you venture out don’t be this guy. You should never purposefully target spawning fish and you should never drag a fish up on the bank if it’s going to be released. I couldn’t believe this video when it showed up on YouTube. I thought it was a joke based on the title alone.

Hooked Up

There are thousands of places to go where incidental contact is less likely than your jobsite including that plunking spot on the clack. You should fish it. It will be good for you.
There is no doubt it would help me out mentally. Walked the job site, looked good, in the truck and home, didn't touch a thing.

Hooked Up

If you venture out don’t be this guy. You should never purposefully target spawning fish and you should never drag a fish up on the bank if it’s going to be released. I couldn’t believe this video when it showed up on YouTube. I thought it was a joke based on the title alone.
Please don't be that guy. He needs some instruction on proper technique.

Top Bottom