To christen the new forum...carp picture thread

J

john montana

Here is my biggest of the year. 25 lbs, caught this spring.
6a706363.png

Let's see some pics!

J

jeffcycles

Do carp fishermen guard their secret holes like Salmon and Steelheaders?:)

Was it caught on corn?

C

ChezJfrey

This is my largest so far...30 inches and I didn't have my scale with me that day, but I'm estimating somewhere between 15 and 17 lbs.

2010-10-06 15.44.43.jpg

F

Fishtopher

I never have a camera with me when Im carp fishing, usually because I fish for em at night, and I usually have a bottle of Knob Creek with me. Which means that someone has a good chance of falling in the water with the camera. But my biggest is about the same size of ChezJfrey's there outta the Columbia Slough near the I205 overpass over by the Airport. Just corn on a size 1 Vision. Had to chase my rod down to the bank 'cuz I didn't leave the bail open. Almost lost the cheap Shimano rod I was fishing with!

Who woulda thought Knob Creek and Carp fishing go together well?!

K

kaimuki49

WOW thanks for those great pics fellas. how would u describe a carp's fight? do they just lean their wt in against the line, or run, or come in, etc etc? how old would a 20 lb carp be generally? t

C

ChezJfrey

The ones I've caught tend to run and their typical heft will run your drag. Then you can inch them in a bit. Often, after about halfway in, the fish will try to run again. And, if they've still got energy when you get them close, they'll make another run 'cause they see you. After that, they are a bit wiped...each run gets shorter and it's easier to bring them back each time.

I've only had one that actually flipped a bit out of the water when I got it close just before it took off again...but that has been unusual; most of the fight is underwater as they run away from whatever direction the line-pull is coming from.

98nismo

Like the poster above I had to go chasing my 5.5 foot pole with 6 pound test line in to the water. What a great fight, this want my first carp but my biggest.after a day with a few carp being landed the bit turned off and the rain came in hard! so we started making a shelter to get out of the rain.After about an hour with no bites what so ever I was fixing to leave but just then my rod wen flying!
This isn't me but it is my fish. I dont know why I didn't get a pic of me with it but oh well. Thats why I put a mask on him lol.
ecf216d6-1.jpg

G

GraphiteZen

Like the poster above I had to go chasing my 5.5 foot pole with 6 pound test line in to the water. What a great fight, this want my first carp but my biggest.after a day with a few carp being landed the bit turned off and the rain came in hard! so we started making a shelter to get out of the rain.After about an hour with no bites what so ever I was fixing to leave but just then my rod wen flying!
This isn't me but it is my fish. I dont know why I didn't get a pic of me with it but oh well. Thats why I put a mask on him lol.
ecf216d6-1.jpg

Freeway Lakes?

J

john montana

Nice fish everyone! It has been my experience that carp fight very hard. I saw my backing more in my first year of carp fishing than all my other fishing put together. I have a cool video of a carp running off line for a full minute and a half...and that was after the fish was already in my backing because it took me a while to get the camera in position. I will try to track that video down. For me, they run so hard because I catch them on big shallow flats so they run to deep water, no matter how far away it is.

J

john montana

Sitting at a coffee shop with the kids, figured I would add some more pics. And yes, I am nostalgic about the end of my season!

A face only otf would love:
a4e876ac.png

They must be easy to catch if a five year old can do it!
3547f992.png

Do they look any better swimming away?
7e08f649.png

Need a bigger fly rod.
d978c047.jpg

24 lbs.
55b4cbbe.jpg

31 lbs. But I cheated. Caught this one last year.
IMGP3460.jpg

T

TTFishon

John, those are some awesome pics of some monster carp! Kudos to your photographer too! Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom