Timothy Meadows

akbrad

akbrad

Heading up to Harriet Lake via Timothy in a few weeks...saw that Timothy Meadows area of the Oak Grove Fork...can folks give me some specifics on its exact location along the road? Is there a hike to get to the meadows? best place to park? looked at google map but it is not identified... do mostly Tenkara fishing and this section looks perfect not to mention a nice quiet run to enjoy... thanks for any specifics on its location...

akbrad

akbrad

OK... I have answered my own questions...called NWFFO and talked to Jonesy... Timothy Meadows is a large meadowed area where the upper section of the Oak Grove Fork of the Clackamas flows through--a very clear, small "creek" at this point...it is located right next to the road at the junction of NF 57 and NF 42...about 1000 yards before you reach the turnoff for the 1st campground(Oak Fork) on Timothy Lake...

quoting Joseph Beare's article about Timothy Meadows in the latest NWFF0's newsletter, " . . . It’s a beautiful, meandering little stream, incredibly clear and cold, winding its way through an open alpine setting that recalls images of Yellowstone or Yosemite. Most of the time, it’s an extremely challenging place to fish. The trout are wary, cover is limited, and if the fish see your fly line before your fly, forget it. This stream is best approached in low light, during a hatch. It gets next-level buggy up there in late June. Fishing a long downstream drift, then retrieving the dry fly in fast, short strips that drown it in the surface film is most effective."

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Here is a site that has a map of the Oak Fork. Might be helpful. I've fished Harriet and found some nice browns up there. Have not fished the stream section "The Oak Fork".

O

olshiftybiscuits

OK... I have answered my own questions...called NWFFO and talked to Jonesy... Timothy Meadows is a large meadowed area where the upper section of the Oak Grove Fork of the Clackamas flows through--a very clear, small "creek" at this point...it is located right next to the road at the junction of NF 57 and NF 42...about 1000 yards before you reach the turnoff for the 1st campground(Oak Fork) on Timothy Lake...

quoting Joseph Beare's article about Timothy Meadows in the latest NWFF0's newsletter, " . . . It’s a beautiful, meandering little stream, incredibly clear and cold, winding its way through an open alpine setting that recalls images of Yellowstone or Yosemite. Most of the time, it’s an extremely challenging place to fish. The trout are wary, cover is limited, and if the fish see your fly line before your fly, forget it. This stream is best approached in low light, during a hatch. It gets next-level buggy up there in late June. Fishing a long downstream drift, then retrieving the dry fly in fast, short strips that drown it in the surface film is most effective."
Hey Brad, check out the section along the PCT between Joe Graham horse camp and lake Timothy, too!

Top Bottom