Timothy Lake report

Diehard
Diehard
I was fishing back in the cove at timothy on Saturday using nightcrawlers under a bobber and the fishing was amazing I easily caught 15 trout in just a couple hrs with one fish around 19" and another around 22" I saw some bigger fish also I never have caught trout that big up there it was a pleasant suprise released all my fisht for other fellow anglers to have a crack at them included a pic of the smaller fish 🙂

• Screenshot_20210705-134414_Messages.jpg
  • Wow
Reactions: 305to503fishermen, troutdude, Snopro and 1 other person
S
sixteenvolt
Thanks for the report! I'll be staying at one of the developed campsites (Oak Fork in the SE corner) in a couple of weeks, and it looks nearly lakeside. Is the water level notably low or anything? I'm thinking I'm in the prime area by the looks of a depth chart.

Diehard
Diehard
Not really water looked good good luck dont forget the crawdad traps

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
sixteenvolt said:
Thanks for the report! I'll be staying at one of the developed campsites (Oak Fork in the SE corner) in a couple of weeks, and it looks nearly lakeside. Is the water level notably low or anything? I'm thinking I'm in the prime area by the looks of a depth chart.
My friends and I camped at the Oak Fork park 3 or 4 years ago. The campground was horrible. But there were a LOT of upgrades made the very next year. So it should now be a VERY nice campground.

We trolled like crazy all around the lake. But it was super hot the whole time; and we got NOTHING while trolling. The only fish we caught were OFF the bank, where Oak Creek flows out of the lake. So that would be good to try if you have no boat. We used Power Eggs OFF of the bottom.

Good luck and let us now how you do!

P.S. VERY well done @Diehard!!! That must've been a BLAST!

Reactions: Diehard
Irishrover
Irishrover
Headed back up there in the morning. Thanks for the info. We had good luck all over the lake on worms, rooster tails and even flies. Looking forward to some more fun and a nice swim.

Reactions: Diehard and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Irishrover said:
Headed back up there in the morning. Thanks for the info. We had good luck all over the lake on worms, rooster tails and even flies. Looking forward to some more fun and a nice swim.
Have fun Lonn! Let us know how you do.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Crazy. Fishing was hot they other day but not today. Five hours on the water and only two strikes. No fish and we were not the only ones. Did enjoy the day, weather was great and took time to have a nice swim. Sometimes chicken sometimes feathers!

• Haha
troutdude
troutdude
Irishrover said:
Crazy. Fishing was hot they other day but not today. Five hours on the water and only two strikes. No fish and we were not the only ones. Did enjoy the day, weather was great and took time to have a nice swim. Sometimes chicken sometimes feathers!
At least you had fun and I love swimming in lakes!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Yes no sharks!

• Haha
DOKF
DOKF
Any reports form the other Hoodland lakes? Frog, Trillium, Clear? Thinking to go up this weekend, and looking to balance fishing opportunities while avoiding as best the inevitable crowds.

O
olshiftybiscuits
DOKF said:
Any reports form the other Hoodland lakes? Frog, Trillium, Clear? Thinking to go up this weekend, and looking to balance fishing opportunities while avoiding as best the inevitable crowds.
May and June of this year were the best two still water months I’ve ever had in my life. I was on the Hood lakes 25 separate days. I ignored essentially the entire salmon fly hatch, Mother’s Day caddis on the Crooked, green drakes on the Met and green caddis on the Middle Fork. It was just too good out there to leave them alone!

But it’s getting a little hot and crowded now. I’d shoot for Frog, on a weekday.

Trillium is fishing off the charts but it is so packed with people.

Clear is really an early season fishery, draw down has started and it’s prohibitively windy there pretty much every day now.

Laurance is closed for the season, dam repairs. Too bad, it was fishing really well, too.

In a couple weeks the Hex hatch should get going on Lost Lake. Also a crowded place but easy to find seclusion on the water.

Personally, I leave the hood lakes alone during peak summer season just because I don’t like people very much. But I’ll be back at it hard in September and October before the first snows fall, I’d be happy to share a few tips and tricks if you ever want to join.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Late September and October at Trillium can be awesome.

Reactions: olshiftybiscuits
DOKF
DOKF
Frog lake and Trillium were very busy today.

Didn't bother fishing Trillium (too many people, and windy), but gave Frog a shot. Some success on leeches and panther martins. Water was very warm, and I had to wiggle my way through the paddle boarders and kiddy kayaks.

But a good outing escaping the city.

S
sixteenvolt
troutdude said:
My friends and I camped at the Oak Fork park 3 or 4 years ago. The campground was horrible. But there were a LOT of upgrades made the very next year. So it should now be a VERY nice campground.

We trolled like crazy all around the lake. But it was super hot the whole time; and we got NOTHING while trolling. The only fish we caught were OFF the bank, where Oak Creek flows out of the lake. So that would be good to try if you have no boat. We used Power Eggs OFF of the bottom.

Good luck and let us now how you do!

P.S. VERY well done @Diehard!!! That must've been a BLAST!
Thanks for the tips! Power eggs are legit, and I'm totally cool with bank fishing if trolling is a fruitless endeavor.

troutdude
troutdude
sixteenvolt said:
Thanks for the tips! Power eggs are legit, and I'm totally cool with bank fishing if trolling is a fruitless endeavor.
You're welcome. I've used Power Eggs for at least a couple of decades now; with GREAT success.

If, however, you do have a flotation device tossing lures like Thomas Buoyants could work. As could ultra-slow trolled flies (think barely kicking in a float tube slow).

Reactions: sixteenvolt
DOKF
DOKF
olshiftybiscuits said:
Personally, I leave the hood lakes alone during peak summer season just because I don’t like people very much. But I’ll be back at it hard in September and October before the first snows fall, I’d be happy to share a few tips and tricks if you ever want to join.
With you in regards to people. My son and I go fishing together, but enjoy the quiet and solitude as much as possible. I'm teaching him to be self reliant, and to communicate as quietly as possible, even when we are in the same canoe.

I may take you up on the tips and tricks this fall. I miss the autumn fishing on Hood last year due to the fires, but am looking forward to this year if the yahoos don't set fire to what is left.

Reactions: olshiftybiscuits