Timeframes For Nestucca

M
masmith
When will the fall runs be picking up on the Nestucca? Coho or Chinook?

And what is the timeframe for the lower and higher parts of the river to begin having a significant amount of fish?

Thanks,

K
Kodiak
The run should be picking up as of yesterday, and will continue through tomarrow. Just remember the fish are notified everytime you go out..thats why they are never there. I would look on any set of good incomming tides with things getting "sporty' the second to third week in september in the lower river and after the first good rain in the upper.

Last edited:
M
masmith
Kodiak said:
The run should be picking up as of yesterday, and will continue through tomarrow. Just remember the fish are notified everytime you go out..thats why they are never there.

wtf?

H
hydedrifter
Fish should start showing in tidewater anytime. You can check the reports from Nestucca River Outfitters. Sounds like a few have been caught.

M
masmith
Kodiak said:
It's a joke man.

I know, I just think there was too much truth in it. :(

M
masmith
Well, I am camping the nestucca this weekend. Will waste time upstream on Steelhead that I don't believe are actually there, and then will go to Pac City and fish the bridge hole with some spinners.

Any advise on fishing tidewaters from shore? Would bait this time of year be smart as well as spinners? Sand shrimp or eggs?

I will post an update when I get back and let you know what I see.

K
Kodiak
Spinners would be good, red label herring drifted under a bober, sand shrimp and bobber, two oversized corkies and sandshrimp plunked on the bottom like trout fishing, bobber and shrimp cocktail, bobber and eggs....In that order.

S
STIKTIME
Nestucca

Nestucca

I was at the nestucca on monday fishing for about 4 hours and saw close to 30 salmon jump. Between myself, my friend and 3 others on the bank not one person caught a fish or even got a hit. Some guy pulled a 37 1/2 lber out of the bay on sunday afternoon. We saw one jump that was damn close to 40lbs. No joke!!!!!!! There was a couple of locals there and they said that the fish aren't biting that much because the anchovies are running like crazy. Give it a couple of weeks and it should be damn good. Oh, and i also stopped by the salmon river and didn't see anything happening over there. I thought it was getting good? Spent close to three hours there and one guy foul hooked one but that's it.

M
Mike123
STIKTIME said:
I was at the nestucca on monday fishing for about 4 hours and saw close to 30 salmon jump. Between myself, my friend and 3 others on the bank not one person caught a fish or even got a hit. Some guy pulled a 37 1/2 lber out of the bay on sunday afternoon. We saw one jump that was damn close to 40lbs. No joke!!!!!!! There was a couple of locals there and they said that the fish aren't biting that much because the anchovies are running like crazy. Give it a couple of weeks and it should be damn good. Oh, and i also stopped by the salmon river and didn't see anything happening over there. I thought it was getting good? Spent close to three hours there and one guy foul hooked one but that's it.

Good report!! Thank you!! :clap:

M
masmith
Well, I am fishing all day Sunday. The rain starts Saturday, and it will rain Sunday and cool down a little. I am crossing my fingers hoping that some will stage on the incoming tide and hit a lure or two.

S
STIKTIME
Nestucca

Nestucca

The color blue is a favorite over there