Timber Linn Lake - Albany NO GOOD TODAY!

troutdude

troutdude

I stopped by Timber Linn Lake this afternoon, after work. Absolutely NO ONE is getting any bites at all. Peeps were floating power bait off the bottom, trying bobber n' worms, even retrieving Kastmaster wobblers...all for naught!

The lake DID get stocked last Tuesday (by a private party), and again today (by ODFW). But, no one is catching a thing!

M

michigan_transplant

yeah i was there, come to think of it did i talk to you. were you the one that said "nothing on a kastmaster, those normally always getem"

either way i think it was too muddy. i could hardly see the kastmaster while i was bringing it in. might be better this weekend.

troutdude

troutdude

Wow. What a small world! And, that is a direct quote! Yep, that was me alright.

If I had of known that was you, I'd have introduced myself and chatted a bit more.

Oh well, maybe next time.

M

michigan_transplant

yeah i plan on checking back this weekend, maybe after the mud settles. they got be in there and they gotta get hungry eventually.

M

michigan_transplant

never really looked much into that, you find its pretty accurate?? ie, good days when they say it will be a good day?

troutdude

troutdude

Dot's has been pretty accurate. However...it has a BIG dot for today, which means it should be good and it wasn't. So, I'm just now beginning to compare it to the Solunar tables. I think Barometric pressure also has something to do with it. Birds, for example, don't fly much (if at all) during a low.

M

michigan_transplant

got any other fishing plans for the weekend?? i was going to go to the Alsea but it is gonna be pretty muddy now. maybe on sunday.

troutdude

troutdude

Nope. Not for this weekend. I've gotta get my tax stuff together for my consultant. And do some chores that I've been neglecting (while out fishing the last four weekends). ;-)

If you go out, let us know how you do.

M

michigan_transplant

stopped by there for a second today and didn't see anyone catching anything. still really muddy.

troutdude

troutdude

thanks for the report!

P.S. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow. But, I'll check it on Monday.

Top Bottom