Timber Linn 29 pound rainbow trout........

B
bigfootfish
No one has apparently caught that 29 pound rainbow out of Timber Linn Lake yet that the Roaring River Hatchery put in there a few months ago. Amazing it's still alive what with that lake's water temp. Some people I know spotted it yesterday. I guess the 29 pounder must be hanging out in the deeper, cooler water. I asked them if maybe it was a big carp they saw but they said it was the trout. Awesome.

BFF

T
TTFishon
I find that very hard to believe. I hope they are wrong and it was a big carp.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Hmmm,thought I read online that thing was already caught over a month ago...could be wrong.

B
bigfootfish
Raincatcher said:
Hmmm,thought I read online that thing was already caught over a month ago...could be wrong.

You could be right, RC. I haven't seen that last article from over a month ago, yet. I'd heard that the one caught a month or so ago was the 26 pounder that was also put in.

BFF

T
Thuggin4Life
There was a thread on here that almost got out of hand about it being dead with pictures of it. I find it hard to believe a brooder would dtill be alive in there from so long ago.

B
bigfootfish
Thuggin4Life said:
There was a thread on here that almost got out of hand about it being dead with pictures of it. I find it hard to believe a brooder would dtill be alive in there from so long ago.

That's why I thought they'd seen a big carp. However, I live near Timberlinn Lake so I went out there today to see if I could see the beast. Didn't, but I checked the water temp at the deepest point by the footbridge, which is about 12 feet deep. It was a surprising 59 degrees. So.......makes me wonder.:think:

BFF

B
BlackBass
I would bet the farm the fish is dead either by fishermen or warm water conditions. I also find it hard to believe the pond is 59 degrees only. I grew up in that neck of the woods and i can't imagine any shallow body of water being under 60 degrees this time of year. but you never know :) . Just sayin

B
bigfootfish
It was 12 feet under the surface.

BFF

F
Finneus Polebender
Most brooders are doin the flop within a week of hitting low oxygen warm water , One must remember that all that dies in the pond does not always rise to the top! Not impossible ,but highly improbable.

C
c_chickens
that wind blowing on top of the water will keep it some what cool! and if its 12ft! is there any running water that flows into it??

B
bigfootfish
Very very little water flowing into Timber Linn.

BFF

B
BlackBass
Warm farm water :) Timberlinn would be a decent place to fish if they would add some warm water fish. I know there is bass and bluegill however there isn't very man of either. It has a mud bottom and little structure other then some wood on the east side.

B
bigfootfish
I agree, BlackBass. Someone did catch a, I think it was, a 14 or so pounder catfish there last summer.

BFF