Tillamook river conditions

Casting Call
Casting Call
I went to Kelchis, Wilson, and Trask. Kelchis to the park, Wilson to mp23 and Trask from dam hole and below the hatchery. All were brown,blown-out and running hard. The southfork of the wilson was lighter in color of all three rivers. It was sad to see all the trailers up on the hwy6. some have never been moved in years. The older longer trailers look like they may never make it back down to the park, so sad. Iam moveing my fish days farther down the week to tue/wen. I think that this will start the fall runs from T bay. GL to all Tony

T
TimberTodd
Thanks for the update Tony.

Casting Call
Casting Call
URW..........Tony

P
pinstriper
Pardon the dumb question, but do rivers clear at the top first, or the bottom ? I would think the upper reaches would be the first to clear up.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Top clears first.

As a general rule....when water is high, fish high....low, fish low.

Also...tributaries are often the source of color so sometimes if you can get above a muddy trib you'll find fish able water.

pinstriper said:
Pardon the dumb question, but do rivers clear at the top first, or the bottom ? I would think the upper reaches would be the first to clear up.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogerdodger
Casting Call
Casting Call
pinstriper said:
Amen Bro! It also drops first! So what does the level gage down river tell you at seven and eight feet? That it has already dropped to normal and clearing up high in the system. The fish that go through amid the start of the high water drop are ready up. So I try to "cut them OFF at the pass" quote by:the good guy in the white hat. See you out there wens/friday. and please try not to step on us old guys. The locals would already be there. Tony

T
troutmasta
Wilson is still brown-

the fish are in though!

B
Berg03
i'll have two hens in the boat by 10am tomorrow. Good luck to anyone fishing tomorrow