Thread snippets

Admin
Admin
The system now shows thread snippets in thread lists and on what's new page.
Do you think it's better this way, or it was better without snippets?

A
Alan
Better

Reactions: Admin
C_Run
C_Run
All these changes are giving me a headache. You should make it like ifish where it stays the same year after year after year.

Sorry, but that's my opinion.

troutdude
troutdude
I'm pretty much with C_run. Changes are difficult to adjust too. Especially when changes are made. Then re-set. Then more changes made. Then re-set again. It takes a while to learn how to adapt to changes. So when changes area made I'd suggest letting the changes stay for a longer period. Before making more changes. Just my .02.......

Reactions: fromthelogo
my2labs
my2labs
troutdude said:
I'm pretty much with C_run. Changes are difficult to adjust too. Especially when changes are made. Then re-set. Then more changes made. Then re-set again. It takes a while to learn how to adapt to changes. So when changes area made I'd suggest letting the changes stay for a longer period. Before making more changes. Just my .
I used to be very active on the site... loved it a couple years ago. After reading this new admins reply’s to various posts and the changes being made 10x a day, my interest in it is all but dead.

I dont have an Ifish account, but will soon.

Tight lines everyone.

Admin
Admin
troutdude said:
I'm pretty much with C_run. Changes are difficult to adjust too. Especially when changes are made. Then re-set. Then more changes made. Then re-set again. It takes a while to learn how to adapt to changes. So when changes area made I'd suggest letting the changes stay for a longer period. Before making more changes. Just my .02.......
I have no time, dude. I borrowed money to pay for this month hosting. If I don't find a way forum to earn at least for hosting, it will be shut down in a moth or two.

my2labs said:
I used to be very active on the site... loved it a couple years ago. After reading this new admins reply’s to various posts and the changes being made 10x a day, my interest in it is all but dead.

I dont have an Ifish account, but will soon.

Tight lines everyone.
You already posted it numerous times. Forum sucks, admin is a-hole, you are leaving.
I see one more your post about it, you'll leave regardless have you already ifish account or not.

my2labs
my2labs
Admin said:
I have no time, dude. I borrowed money to pay for this month hosting. If I don't find a way forum to earn at least for hosting, it will be shut down in a moth or two.

You already posted it numerous times. Forum sucks, admin is a-hole, you are leaving.
I see one more your post about it, you'll leave regardless have you already ifish account or not.
This is a great example of the issue. Go ahead and Delete me.

Admin
Admin
my2labs said:
This is a great example of the issue. Go ahead and Delete me.
deal

A
Alan
A couple of guys are really coming off as ****, I enjoy this site and understand the time and expense of having a forum....... simply, I do not post much but lurk a bunch and pick up some very good info as well as educational benefits. Simply rather than criticize and complain it may work better for you to start your own forum.

Reactions: Aervax
Admin
Admin
Alan, we discuss topics, we don't discuss those, who discuss topics.
Don't get involved in "The Drama".

Reactions: Aervax
hobster
hobster
Damn, bummer it’s coming to this. I’ve been a member for a long time, miss the old days. Lots of OG members stopped posting, but I still dig this place. I miss the gatherings etc. I’ve made some good friends here..Roger, Dana, Brandon. I’d hate to see it go!

Reactions: Markk and fromthelogo
Admin
Admin
Reactions: Markk and troutdude
A
Alan
I think I will go back to lurking.........

• Haha
Reactions: Admin
00Swede
00Swede
Ooookay, back to the original question. I don't think I like it as well. Seems a bit much. Getting most of the story without even opening it. Most guys put a good enough headline to let you know if it is something of interest to me.
I'm pretty new to the site. Do more lurking than posting. But really like the site. It gives a little bit of info on what is happening around pretty much the whole state.

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
If any of you have any ideas to help our admin make this site some $$$, please post your ideas on here. It costs money to keep it hosted, use tools to makes pics load quickly, etc. He can use some help and some $$$. I, for one, and thrilled that he's kept this site going...even though doesn't even reside in Oregon anymore!!! Thank you Anatoliy!

Admin
Admin
00Swede said:
Ooookay, back to the original question.
Good job )

00Swede said:
I don't think I like it as well. Seems a bit much.
Yeah, I do think too, that out of a box it is not quite perfect. I disabled it in the "What's new" section. Also trying to disable it in Fishing Reports, but it's glitching, throwing errors at me.
00Swede said:
Getting most of the story without even opening it.
That's another good question - why most of our stories fit into 300 characters snippet. )
troutdude said:
If any of you have any ideas to help our admin make this site some $$$, please post your ideas on here. It costs money to keep it hosted, use tools to makes pics load quickly, etc. He can use some help and some $$$. I, for one, and thrilled that he's kept this site going...even though doesn't even reside in Oregon anymore!!! Thank you Anatoliy!
Thank you, my friend. But I don't think we should try to invent a bicycle. Everything is already invented. Members post, lurkers lurk, the business pays for advertisement on a visited website.
However, I might be wrong, and of course, would be grateful for ideas.

Reactions: troutdude
Aervax
Aervax
As an active fisherman always on the lookout for new information as well as community with fellow anglers I really appreciate the existence of OFF. I think they're doing a great job. I truly appreciate their transparency and requests for honest and direct input from the users. That approach is so old school in a good way, and hardly exists anywhere else these days.

Disclaimer: I have no relationship with Admin or any of the site moderators. I am expressing personal opinion completely independent of external influence. No one is paying me for my B.S. 😉

OFF is not absolutely 100% perfect all of the time, and there are competing fishing blogs out there, but the other sites have plenty of problems, too. Improvement can't happen without change, and change doesn't happen without bumps in the road and a little bit of pain. Expecting seamless perfection from a small operation that is providing a service at no charge to the user is neither fair, nor realistic.

As readers many of us do empathize with the real struggle for OFF administrators to keep it relevant and user friendly without going bankrupt. There certainly isn't enough money in it to get rich in the foreseeable future. With so little return for the effort, their dedication can only be an act of hope for eventually getting paid and love for fishing. Masochistic persistence might be what we are witnessing, which is what one can expect from a successful angler. It's part of their DNA.

Please continue giving Admin the constructive feedback as requested, but keep sour grapes and judgements to yourself.

@Admin, Thank you for what you're doing for all of us.

Eric

Reactions: CastingCall, troutdude, fromthelogo and 1 other person
Admin
Admin
You should work as a speechwriter for all those elections candidates, you got a gift. )
On a serious note - thank you, my friend.

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude and Aervax