Thread snippets

Admin
Admin
C_Run said:
All these changes are giving me a headache. You should make it like ifish where it stays the same year after year after year.
😆

• Haha
Reactions: Snopro, C_Run and troutdude
C_Run
C_Run
Ifish gives me a headache now. (Not that I ever look at ifish)

• Haha
Reactions: Admin
Admin
Admin
C_Run said:
Ifish gives me a headache now. (Not that I ever look at ifish)
If you mean too bright background, you can switch to the "Dark" style.
Or you mean it's not clear what is where?

C_Run
C_Run
Admin said:
If you mean too bright background, you can switch to the "Dark" style.
Or you mean it's not clear what is where?
I'm thinking of some of the people.

Reactions: Snopro
Admin
Admin
Reactions: DOKF
C
CastingCall
Aervax said:
As an active fisherman always on the lookout for new information as well as community with fellow anglers I really appreciate the existence of OFF. I think they're doing a great job. I truly appreciate their transparency and requests for honest and direct input from the users. That approach is so old school in a good way, and hardly exists anywhere else these days.

Disclaimer: I have no relationship with Admin or any of the site moderators. I am expressing personal opinion completely independent of external influence. No one is paying me for my B.S. 😉

OFF is not absolutely 100% perfect all of the time, and there are competing fishing blogs out there, but the other sites have plenty of problems, too. Improvement can't happen without change, and change doesn't happen without bumps in the road and a little bit of pain. Expecting seamless perfection from a small operation that is providing a service at no charge to the user is neither fair, nor realistic.

As readers many of us do empathize with the real struggle for OFF administrators to keep it relevant and user friendly without going bankrupt. There certainly isn't enough money in it to get rich in the foreseeable future. With so little return for the effort, their dedication can only be an act of hope for eventually getting paid and love for fishing. Masochistic persistence might be what we are witnessing, which is what one can expect from a successful angler. It's part of their DNA.

Please continue giving Admin the constructive feedback as requested, but keep sour grapes and judgements to yourself.

@Admin, Thank you for what you're doing for all of us.

Eric
What Eric said

C
CastingCall
I use part of my liquid container deposit refund monies to pay for my fishing licence. I pick-up containers I see discared by the way side. I would like to use part of the container fund (which is already out of pocket by someone) to put in a GoFundMe for OFF. Can some start-up a GFM site. I don't have the know-how or time. Tony

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
I logged in just to reply, I am not a fan of snippets but I'm usually pretty specific in my lurking these days

The forum is a great resource, just not as user-friendly anymore, to beat a dead horse; I use tapatalk for 8 other forums and still post stuff there, but have switched to Facebook for anything fishing related, more info but more wading through 100s of the same questions, I still push people to read the reports here when I can

The new layout doesn't cost more than the old one does it?

Admin
Admin
NKlamerus said:
I logged in just to reply
Hey, glad to see ya! Missing your photo reports.