Thomson Buoyant Lures

troutdude
troutdude
Many of you have said that you catch a lot of trout with Thomson's Buoyant Lures. But, there are many colors to pick from. So, which are your favorites?

T
Thuggin4Life
Personally I don't run anything but silver metal ones. makes me mad how the keep changing them though. The just started ruing the good flat ones and making them dimply. rainbow and the blue are my 2 favorites in 1/4 and 1/6 depending on the water. and they used to have 2 diferent rainbows one bright green and one olive green and the olive was a killer. Seen an old ruffle painted thomas and it looked to be one of the best I have ever seen but bfore my time too bad.

A
Anyfishisfine
I've used the brass with red spots at Hagg. I trolled them behind my canoe and caught a few trout.

N
nwkiller
the rainbow and the gold and red

T
TTFishon
Rainbow, gold and red, copper with red spots, silver, and believe it or not perch.

F
Finneus Polebender
definitely a great all round lure . Rainbow patterns and had a silver w/red and black spot pattern that worked awesome till I lost it. Im with thuggin wish they would keep the old patterns around when they add new.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Thanks guys!

I was at the former Sportman's Warehouse in Salem yesterday. And there were several Thomson's to pick from. Now, I will know what to get next time I'm there.

P.S. If you guys haven't tried "Cosmos Carmel Corn"...you MUST try it! It is has no hulls or kernels. It's made in Eugene. And, they have it by the counter at the "Warehouse". It is the BEST Carmel corn on the planet!!!