This Sunday...

E
eggs
... I will be going to Yakima for Mothers Day and on the way home I figured I would hit up the mouth of the Dechutes for some springers... any tips on where and how would be great otherwise the whole tackle box will be thrown at em..

S
SantiamDrifter
Take a bike, if you can. Or else your in for some long walking. Take a look at the mouth and see what guys are doing there. Its usually pretty popular. You can walk up both sides of the river, but I think by far the more popular side is the east side. On the west side are the railroad tracks. I would throw spinners and big jigs. Or even drift a kwikfish or flatfish. Its no bait, but you can use scent, so yarn balls might come into play. But remember you can't use any worms.

O
OnTheFly
Be mindfull of the regs regarding salmon in the Deschutes. Chinook fishing closed from the north side of I-5 bridge upstream entire year. Targeting redsides on the RR side is a good option.

E
eggs
It is open for springer this year to the falls.. ohh and good thing bout the worm.. cuz I was thinking about the pink worm of death

O
OnTheFly
Found it!!!

Deschutes River, Lower: An expected strong return of spring chinook to Deschutes should provide excellent opportunity. Along with a strong return of wild fish, over 8,000 hatchery origin spring chinook are expected to return to the Deschutes in 2010. The Deschutes from Sherars Bridge downstream to the mouth is open from April 1 though July 31 to the harvest of adipose fin-clipped spring Chinook. The bag limit is 2 adipose fin-clipped adults and 5 adipose fin-clipped jacks. Peak spring chinook harvest of spring chinook in the Deschutes, typically occurs in early May. Most spring chinook angers generally concentrate their efforts in the bait fishing area downstream from Sherars Falls, although anglers can still find success fishing hardware and greater solitude in areas downstream to the mouth.

E
eggs
Big ball of pink yarn soaked in left over egg jucies!!