This Saturday

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Going Kokanee fishing for only the second time in my life this Saturday! Going to be fishing at Foster Reservoir. Wish me luck

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
SiletzTroutKiller said:
Going Kokanee fishing for only the second time in my life this Saturday! Going to be fishing at Foster Reservoir. Wish me luck

good luck man, kokanee are great fun and great eats once you find them, get your gear through the schools of them, and have the right gear and conditions...

C
capblack
SiletzTroutKiller said:

just curious. why foster and not green peter? its only another 15 min, and a much better kokanee fishery.

B
bbonco
I agree with capblack, foster isn't a go to place for kokanee, plus you have to put up with all the skiers and jet skies. it is more a recreation lake. but if you go let us know how you did you, might prove us wrong. dfly

C
Combat Chuck
There are kokanee in foster but..... kinda strange to not hit GP. 25 limit vs 5 and the population is much lower. That being said, if you go early Foster is nearly empty because all the fishermen go to GP.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Sorry about the mix up we did go to Green Peter not Foster and we hammered them! We kept 50 between the two of us so 25 each. We were catching them mostly between 50-60 feet deep and we were fishing the stretch between the island and the big clear cut across from the island. We caught most of them with small flashers with some sort of squid lookin thing, then two hooks with corn on the hooks. Don't exactly know the exact name of that set up, oh and we used down riggers of course.

IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg

B
bbonco
nice job. we can limit there more often than not especially this time of year. they are a little smaller than the more popular lakes but they still taste great. dfly

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nice job, sounds like a standard Sling Blade-Hootchie set-up...how slow were you trolling?

just curious how was the bite about 10am to 11am?

cheers, roger

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
To rogerdodger: we hit the water at about 5am and fished until about 1pm. The bite started to really heat up around about 9am and lasted until about 10:30-11am. We trolled at 1.1-1.2 mph

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
SiletzTroutKiller said:
To rogerdodger: we hit the water at about 5am and fished until about 1pm. The bite started to really heat up around about 9am and lasted until about 10:30-11am. We trolled at 1.1-1.2 mph

interesting, I checked and the moonrise was 10:17am....

B
bigboy70
just curious moonrise? huh what that have to do with it

Last edited:
B
bigboy70
wow thats really interesting i was skimming through an old fishing book i have and it said the moon has no effect on fish activity at all but i think the books from the 70s lol very kool to learn baout though

S
SOMCREW
BigBoy70 im a 50/50 believer in that theroy!

K
Knot Fishing Sober
I'm 50/50 on the moon's effects as well. I've read convincing arguments for both sides and in my own experience (mostly cat and trout fishing) the full moon kills the action. I love to read debates on the topic though

D
DrTheopolis
I've always heard the full moon improves night fishing, the new moon improves daytime fishing.

But whatever.