this ride replaced my toon...

N
ninja2010
thought i'd post up some pix of my new ride... after i sold my toon.

it's a 12 footer running a 5hp o/b. been on the water a few times and i looooove it. it's got a very rigid inflatable floor that's sturdy enough to stand and fish (if the water is not too rough). this little one is sleek enough to paddle like a kayak, or row with oars, and totally portable and easily handled by one scrawny grey haired guy.

pix were from her maiden voyage with the torqeedo electric on the transom... without oars.

i've made some mods since...

DSCF0008-1.jpg

DSCF0007-2.jpg

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
MAN!
That thing is WAY Nicer then a Poontoon!
Its important to keep making Modifications.
You should add a Light, So you can see in the Early morning or Late evening.

M
Markcanby
Is that gas or elec?

M
metalmania
Sweet ride ninja, you'll be destroying fish in no time:D.

H
Hawk
She is a Reel Beauty BRO.

You could mount a soft comfy folding seat on the rear board
if'n you want to.

:D:D:D

:clap::clap::clap:

:cool::cool::cool:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great lookin ride

Great lookin ride

He had this up at Detroit and it is very sweet. :clap: He and Kimberly were definitely stylin' out there. :dance: He has a gift for making boat movers from pvc pipe! I think he is an engineer at heart. :D :lol:

Troutski
Troutski
Very nice...

Very nice...

That is a very sweet magic carpet...:dance::clap: Like was said above; looks like you have room for a lot more money in that baby;) Tight lines and try to stop smiling so much you will catch far to many bugs in your teeth;)
Very cool:cool: ride.

Chuck

D
Dan Feller
That is awesome!

What is the make/model? What is the max HP? Sweet ride!

F
fishnquest
Very nice, Ninja!

A
autofisher
I love that ride

I love that ride

When I saw that up at Detroit, I wanted to get one. I was very impressed with how easily it moved through the water with the motor that was on it. Now we just have to hijack some fish with it. Break that puppy in proper

K
koboabe
nice man, thats a sweet ride

N
ninja2010
yeah, i like it very much... and it's cheeeep! :lol::lol::lol:

okay, let's see if i can catch up here on replies...

mlt: saturn does make good boats. this one looks feels equivalent to zodiacs but at 1/2 the price and this one especially, is the narrow type, so it's easy to row and paddle as well as run a motor on it. tracks real good too.

kobo: want to go float sometime with me in this and you in the toon?

auto-f: yeah, the 5hp really pushes this, and i never went past 1/2 throttle with kim on board... :D

fishnquest & dan f: thx, and dan, it's made by saturn. this one is a kaboat (kayak/boat) google it and you'll see. i got it from boatstogo.com. their customer service is awesome. this 12' is rated for 2hp, but i have a 5hp on it, and it's fine. they have larger ones that'll take maybe up to 10/15 hp.

troutski: gdmphfgph...:lol: (dang bugs... like picking raisins... eeew) :D

raincather: i like tinkering with pvc - lightweight, waterproof, economical and infinite possibilities...

hawk: i'll prolly have it in the front seat... the boat really does wheelies when i crank that 5hp.

metal: we gotta go do that sometime soon, before the river gets too crazy.

markcanby: the pix shows the electric. i have a gas 5hp for it as well.

tb: ninjas can see in the dark... no light needed. :D

T
Troutier Bassier
Of Course, Shouldve thought of That. :lol:

A
Anyfishisfine
That's a very sweet ride. I really like the fact it's a 2 person boat that can be car-topped by one person. Many, many fish shall fall to that boat.

I have to ask because I don't want you to get in trouble, but do you have registration numbers displayed when you run the motor? I only ask because I don't see any, and I'd hate for you to get a ticket if you didn't know you needed it.

N
ninja2010
Anyfishisfine said:
I have to ask because I don't want you to get in trouble, but do you have registration numbers displayed when you run the motor? I only ask because I don't see any, and I'd hate for you to get a ticket if you didn't know you needed it.

yes... as soon as you put power on a boat, the state wants your mullah :D and at the time the pix were taken, i was waiting for the reg and title to arrive from salem. i did have a temp reg in my wallet, so it's all good...

A
Anyfishisfine
ninja2010 said:
yes... as soon as you put power on a boat, the state wants your mullah :D and at the time the pix were taken, i was waiting for the reg and title to arrive from salem. i did have a temp reg in my wallet, so it's all good...

Ok, I hated saying anything, but I'd feel terrible if I hadn't and you got a ticket.

N
ninja2010
Anyfishisfine said:
Ok, I hated saying anything, but I'd feel terrible if I hadn't and you got a ticket.

i know... better to have said something than not. appreciate it. :D

S
susqwahanna
very cool!!

K
koboabe
yeah man... I am a bit busy with an upcoming move, but I am down.
I need to get a trailer so I don't have to assemble my boat on the bank.

Top Bottom