Thinking of trying Siltcoos Lake mid December worth a try?

My birthday is next weekend was considering taking my boat out to try the siltcoos for trout and possibly yellow perch? Is it worth it? Any tips you could offer would be greatly apreciated thanks guys

hobster

Coho run has been horrible so far this year, but it is a possibility. SRC fishing has been very good, troll spinners and you should have some luck!

troutdude

FYI Two rods per person is NOT legal, during Coho season. Dodgers and worms is another option, for SRC's. Perch fishing is fast n' furious in the Spring--around reed beds. Bobber and worms knocks 'em dead. But am not sure how active they are, at this time of year.

rogerdodger

CARPCOMMANDER;n614872 said:
If I didn't bring my boat do you think I could bank it for src? And What lures would you recommend? Thanks again guys
SRC run is over, they are 'colored up' and moving on to spawning up in the tributaries. Yellow Perch population is way down in Siltcoos right now and they all but stopped planting rainbows several years ago: (Siltcoos and Tahkenitch are not "plant and take" trout fisheries anymore, they are managed for the coho runs.) Unfortunately, weather and ocean conditions resulted in very poor coho runs this year.

Best bet right now is look for early winter steelhead in coastal rivers that they are showing up in..cheers, roger.

troutdude

SHINY! (also a Firefly reference for my fellow sci-fi geeks...lol)

P.S. Siltcoos is one of but a couple of lakes with a Coho run, which go into the creeks to spawn.