Thieves on the Wilson

A
alseaalumaweld
state of oregon is flat broke last i knew

N
Noahk
Right. I'm sure they issue tickets to all kinds of hard working folks who did nothing wrong. I've never gotten a ticket I didn't deserve and I've gotten plenty of them. If you think the cops are out to get you, they probably are because you've done something to attract their attention.

Reactions: n8r1 and BobbiDollPDX
C
colbypearson
mikeredding said:
Pure BS. That's all I can say.

I hate theives more than anything.
Even my ex-wife!!

X2 That frickin sucks!!!!!

I
igot_it
First off that sucks. It's crappy that you spent the day out there and got treated to that at the end of what would have been an otherwise nice day...I'm sorry. Second perhaps I can give some advice in a professional sense since I deal with this issue all the time at work. Car clouting is the easiest way thieves can make money. It's impossible to catch them. In some of our busy day use areas car clouters can go through a car in less than two minutes. They sometimes hit three or four cars at once and work in teams. Some things to remember. Don't hide things under blankets or in the trunk. They will check. Sometimes they will break into a car to check whats under a blanket or a coat. They check under seats. They can always get into trunks even if they are locked either by using the trunk release or by ripping the back seat out/folding it down. The main way to combat this is to only bring with you what you will need to fish with and haul it down with you. Keep the inside of your car neat and empty that way they can see from the outside there is nothing in it. I often leave my window down and the car unlocked.... just be aware that insurance sometimes won't cover you if you do this. Don't have a nice stereo. If you do use the detachable face plates but don't leave it in the glove box. Don't lock your glove box. They will smash it open. Don't leave your phone in the car. Thieves often take the phone just so you can't call the police until you drive away. Make the inside of your car look barren and empty....it does help deter them. The police response varies a lot. I have had local city guys show up quick, county and staters not so much. Again....sorry man that sucks!

Reactions: n8r1
I
igot_it
Also dusting for prints does happen....but there needs to be a reason for it. Top do the job right they'd have to print you and everyone else associated with the car. They also need to have a print on file to match it up with. A lot of these guys have been popped more than once but its on cite and release charges as opposed to a lodgeable offense so they never get printed. If you guys notice a pattern in an area I'd suggest building a rapport with the state police officer in charge of fish and game stuff for that area. If you make them aware that it's a problem along a certain stretch of the river, the game officers are out in the same areas a lot. They will take an interest.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
This, sadly, was the third time I've ever had a car burgled. first time I was 18. They ONLY took a fly rod/reel combo. Left a leather jacket and my girl friend's purse. Seemed strange to me. Second time, they broke into the car in my own driveway. I made the mistake of leaving the garage door opener IN the car. They stole a back pack that was in the back, that had ALL of my fishing tackle in it. Then they went into the house, wrecked the kitchen (made a big mess, poured syrup on the counters, opened a loaf of bread and threw it around, made toast and left it...) - they left my shotgun, and our computers, DVD's, etc alone. They stole a few ceramic fairies out of the wife's china hutch.

I called the police, waited an hour for them to show up. Cop was not interested AT ALL in the house burglary, and acted as if I was wasting his time by having him take a report. He didn't even MENTION the damn house burglary in his report, he wrote it as a vehicle burg only. That pissed me off, but what else could I do? I suppose I could've lodged a formal complaint with his sergeant, but I've had other hit & miss encounters with that particular agency and just decided to drop it. I knew I'd never get my tackle back, and since I still had my guns & computers, it could've been a lot worse. After that, I just disconnected the door opener until we got the remote replaced and the code changed.

God help any ******* I catch actually breaking into my car. They WILL be going to jail - how many bruises, lumps, or extra holes they have in them when they get there is dependent upon how much of a fight they put up before the police arrive. I'm sick of thieves.

H
Hawk
I'm reeely sorry this all happened to you bro. :(

I reely dislike thieves. :mad:

My friends are Smith & Wesson...

N
Noahk
cannonsville69 said:
I haven't had a ticket since 1990 , or any other voilation of any kind ... the thing is , you see them pull people over for 68 in a 55 , someone comes almost to a complete stop for a stop sign in the middle of no where and give tickets ... yet when I have a tresspasser in my yard who refuses to leave , they dont even come ... let alone return your call . There are people all over filling prescription narcotics and blatently selling them on the street ... those people have nothing to lose and are rarely gone after by the cops ... Get yer facts straight Noahk and don't be so nieve .... I know cops and what they do , what they cover , what they choose to look the other way on ..... eh , im done wasting my breath .... fishin's more fun than debating ...
I'm not sure what the point is you're trying to make. You know cops and you know how they behave? Different departments have different priorities. Perhaps the local cops in Canyonville don't respond when you call them, but I've never had that experience. If you're talking about the State Patrol pulling people over for doing 68 in a 55, they certainly do that. Often, in my experience, the police will use a moving violation as probable cause to pull someone over but often there is something sucispious about the vehicle or driver that causes them to pull them over. Cops profile, which is completely legal as long as it's not based on race. On one ride along I went on all the cop did was pull over beat up pick-up trucks, looking for "scumbags". Turns out the cop was under the impression that meth-head "scumbags" drive beat up pick-up trucks. He wasn't interested in writing tickets, he was interested in making drug busts.

What facts did I misrepresent? My comments are opinion, as are yours. I fail to see how I am being naive or nieve . I'd be willing to bet I've spent a bit more time studying the police than you but please let me know if you somehow an authority on law enforcement and my comments are made in ignorant.