Theres monsters in the water !!`

P
PDXKush
Ok folks I've been sick for 3 weeks but finally back in buisness. Had the strep throat or West Nile or something but was able to go fishing yesterday and landed this lunker...30+ pounder a few miles east of Chinook Landing on the Columbia. Im so back. See you all on the water.

BTW...She was returned safe and sound to the water but in 1 week Im going back to kill her :) Cheers.

T
Troutier Bassier
I know that Spot, ;)

WHat you catch it on?

K
kfallscody
Wow, look at the fishing pole coming out of it's mouth! A monster indeed. wow! :)

K
koboabe
nice fish man, glad to hear you beat the Swine Flu

what were you tossing into the Columbia?
I was thinking about bringing my toon to that ramp and paddling around.
is it best to head east of the park or west into that Channel/Slough between the bank and island?

Irishrover
Irishrover
Nice looking fish, and I agree with Kfallscody regarding that fishing rod coming out of it's mouth a monster for sure!

F
FishFinger
URBs.............. Man does it get any better?

Glad to see your back on your feet and on the water once again!

We gotta hook up soon, get you on the Double Lu and kill us some summer steel....... A primer for the soon to show Silvers

O
osmosis
Nice pig man!

Aug 1 can't get here fast enough.

O
OnTheFly
Almost looks like you were hoping your buddy would just take the picture already so you could put the fish down and rest your arm! Nice Hog!

P
PDXKush
OTF: I wanted to get her back in the water asap. She had undergone a heavy duty 25 minute 1 mile drift fight of her life. Not to mention I was hurting. It was so Fri**in awesome.

FF - Im so down I know the spot for steel on the Columbia but its hog line hell. Heavy duty fisherman over there. Im down anytime, anywhere.

Everyone else - We were using Hookem up homemade spinners - Watermelon - Rainbow - And some other colors red beads. Basic steelhead spinners back bouncing 6 oz's. We had 5 to the boat in 6 hours. And last Saturday we had 9 to the boat in about 8 hours. Im going back out Tonight 3am. Trying for a keeper steelhead but my buddy has clients so I prolly will just be there for the ride and the tan. Cheers everyone and lets get out there soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
O
OnTheFly
Now that you mentioned it Kush, the adipose was intact. What an awesome battle!

F
FishSchooler
PDXKush said:
Im going back out Tonight 3am.

Something's wrong with that line... :think::lol:
That is a big fish, and you are getting into too many fish... ;)
I just hope that ODFW doesn't change the regs so that we can only fish from sep 1-sep 13 or something like that... :mad::pray:

K
Kodiak
kush don't come down here...Iam on my way up there right now....congrats on das feesh!

N
ninja2010
kush, bro... you slay me, man.

that's showin' em how it's done. take me fishin will ya? :D

Troutski
Troutski
Excellent...

Excellent...

Now that will keep you on your feet, congratulations on the excellent catch. Did that rod have a reel on it? I am missing a rod and reel;)

Chuck

M
metalmania
Nice job kush, that's one beautiful chromer you got there:D.

R
rainman
kfallscody said:
Wow, look at the fishing pole coming out of it's mouth! A monster indeed. wow! :)

Talk about swallowing it hook, line and sinker !! lol
Seriously though, that's the fish we're all after.

P
PDXKush
Thanks Everyone !!! You guys are the reason I am out here doing this. People like Osmosis, Ninja and MetalMania showed me the ropes and got the fire burning inside of me. If I hadnt met such awesome people and learned from such good hearted friends I doubt I would have fell in love with this pasttime and kept going out. Thanks for everyone on here who fuels my fire with every post and picture. You guys should all feel like you had a little help with this catch. Hats off to you. Cheers and have a great weekend.

Last edited:
J
Justluck
WOW thats truely AWESOME! Nice catch!