there is big trout in emigrant lake

T
the salmon kid
we went up to emigrant lake Sunday to go boating and fishing but the battery went out in our boat , so i started fishing from the bank casting a wedding ring with a little bit night crawler on it reeling it slowly i managed to catch over 14 trout over12 in and a few over 14in and a mess of yellow perch and small mouth bass. other people along the bank where fishing with power bait and worms with a bobber and were not catching any thing, i had no idea that there where decent size trout in that lake but i released every single trout cause they all hat a bunch of parasites on them. but if you are new to this lake try casting a wedding ring with some worm it works :

H
halibuthitman
Ive driven past there a hundred times.... every time I think.... that looks fishy, thanks for the report.

T
todd
so what about the big trout

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice. i havent caught nothing there. next time ill cast a wedding ring. where did u fish at ? off the dam?

T
the salmon kid
Throbbit _Shane said:
Nice. i havent caught nothing there. next time ill cast a wedding ring. where did u fish at ? off the dam?

if you go past the water slides there is a boat ramp past that is a little cove where people swim some times i casted out there and i fished the bank all the way until i got to the spillway i had a 1/2 oz barrel sinker in front of the wedding ring so i could get it out there pretty far